• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200? P Roosevelt

5 posts in this topic

I found this coin in change. I first thought it was worn around the edges. Looking more closely, it looks like the rim is very thick so the die did not fully hit the metal along the edge. When I flipped over the reverse, there is a die crack that extneds from the flame of the torch over the rim.

200WhatPStitched.jpg

Here is a close up of the die crack to rim (left) and the tip of the torch with the additional metal that starts the die crack on the right.

200WwhatPRevStitched.jpg

wow. when i looked at the pics i asumed grease filled dies but when i read the post i was puzzled. could it be an overused grease filled die? I'm not an error collector just my two cents

Russ

wow. when i looked at the pics i asumed grease filled dies but when i read the post i was puzzled. could it be an overused grease filled die? I'm not an error collector just my two cents

Russ

The metal is raised. It is not an indent. I would have no idea what a grease filled die would do. Perhaps (and I'm hoping) the more experienced in the group will chime in.