• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who might be going to see the 1913 Libs?

15 posts in this topic

I have come to a "first tier" resolve about this! That means, barring any unforseen circumstances, I'm going to Baltimore to see the liberty nickels, the four known specimens that will be together on display. I only have 3 days total for the travel (July 29-31), however, since my daughters will otherwise be with me in Montana.

I'm excited as heck about the prospects of attending the show, even if it's only for 1 day. Thank goodness for frequent flier tickets (flying out of Montana is like buying your way out of prison). I hope to meet a few of you there.

Who among you may also be there?

Hoot

A couple of fine fellows! Dinner it is, EVP! I hope to meet at least a few more of you as well!

Will I likely be overcome with coinage fatigue or bourse malaise?

Hope also to meet some of the folks at NGC, although they'd likely run if they were to recognize me. Good thing my picture is not readily available, unlike Ms. Sperber blush.gifshocked.gif! (Sorry Laura). insane.gif

Hoot

If all goes well, I hope to make it as well. I want to see the 1913s... even if it's only just once in my lifetime and even if it had only been one, it'd be worth the trip... but 4 of the 5? That's even better!

I'll be attending Hoot - but the days don't match yours well. I'll arrive on the 31st and leave the 2nd or 3rd. Would really like the opportunity to meet a few of you folks.

Great to hear of more folks! I hope to meet you all.

Thanks, Laura, for making this happen - if not for you and Beth Deisher, the "great convergence" would not be occurring! Look forward to meeting you!

Doug - you and I still stand a better chance of meeting on the home front! Shouldn't be THAT long before I'm in Salt Lake or thereabouts! smile.gif

Matt - where will you fly in from?

Hoot

We'll be driving in from Nashville TN. Leave a day or so early and drive to Charlottesville VA to stay with the sig. other's sister for a night, then drive the rest of the way the next day.

I'll be there Wednesday and most of Thursday.

I don't know whether I'll bother with the 1913 nickels, though. I prefer "real" coins grin.gif

I'll be there probably Wednesday or Thursday.

My wife wanted to visit some friends in the DC area and asked me when I'd like to go so I replied the week when the ANA convention is in town, of course!.

-JamminJ

DC area... that gets me to thinking... hop up to the ANA show to catch the 13 Vs and the auction of the 1804 dollar, then take an afternoon to go to DC to the Smithsonian to catch the 33 St Gaudens there. See all three of the Big Three in one week.

I know, it's not much just "seeing" them, but I have to accept the probability that I'll never own them... so seeing them and being near them will have to be enough.