• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nicely toned 1921 High relief Peace Dollar

11 posts in this topic

Thought some of you might appreciate this Gem. As always the image doesn't show the true beauty. It has much more blue on the obv. The reverse is imazing on this coin. Has a ring of blue toward the center that doesn't show, and the "Halo Effect" in the center of the rev is actually orange.

I'll attach the rev in my next post as I don't know if I can attach 2 images to one post. These usually don't come with nicely toned original surfaces. Hope you enjoy!!! Oh yeah, it's graded by pcgs ms65. Sorry about the company folks.

Please see attachment.

589a8af48a0cf_195239-1921Peacepcgsms65.jpg.248a7861e5ef4d68149629e50329362e.jpg

sweet

a one year type coin!

popular large silver coin

and a really above average strike

and nicely toned to boot!

a very VERY good coin !! cloud9.gif

superb

sincerely michael shy.gif

Very nice, I liked it when I saw it up for sale and knew it would find a good home very quickly. In the last several years, I've only seen one other 1921 in that grade that came close in eye appeal.

Nice coin! shocked.gif

The obverse looks very clean and Ms. Liberty's cheek is nicely devoid of nasty marks, luster grazes or scratches. These features bother me more than the generally flatly struck hair for this date. The coin also looks like it has very flashy, coruscating luster. The color on the reverse rim is outstanding in that it looks like it has a thick, original crunchy patina that really accents the eagle. I like it quite a bit. smile.gif From the image quality and style it looks like Mike Printz took this photo and you bought it from Larry Whitlow, is this true? They have some nice coins.

By the way,

Oh yeah, it's graded by pcgs ms65. Sorry about the company folks.

I don't think anyone here cares much about whether this coin was graded by PCGS, NGC, ANACS, ICG or whomever. It's about the coin. smile.gif

From the image quality and style it looks like Mike Printz took this photo and you bought it from Larry Whitlow, is this true? They have some nice coins.

Tom, that's where I saw the pic in question a couple of days back.

Thanks for the good words guys!!! I really enjoy the "look" of this piece. When I seen it on Whitlow's site I just knew it needed to be mine.

Tom.... To me the cheek is indeed pretty clean and that means a lot to me. You can see and there is a dig on Liberty's nose and a couple others on the cheek, but they do not distract when looking at the coin. But the rest of the cheek is solid without the normal distractions of scuffs bagmarks and scrapes.Her neck is also very clean, so overall I feel it meets the grade assigned on the holder.

I also knew you folks wouldn't care about which holder it was in, I just need to learn the site here a little better to put the smiley faces in there. shocked.gifsmirk.gif893whatthe.gif

1921 is one of my favorite years.

That's a beautiful coin, and I especially like the patination. If I had seen it before you, I would have snatched it up.

Mike

Well the long and short of it was that some folks didn't like it - it was too hard on dies & the coins did not stack well - the banks hate that.