• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A MONSTA RARE COIN!! rainbow undipped superb gem *star* walker key date

15 posts in this topic

ngc ms66* STAR walker 1941-s with a decent strike usually most all 41-s walkers are poorly struck! no so with this coin 893applaud-thumb.gif

this coin should not even exist flamed.gifflamed.gif

first it is a totally original undipped uncleaned unplayed with ABSOLUTELY UNTOUCHED UNDOCTORED

it has that original thick skinned silvery appearance rather than a pure white look/blast white look of a dipped coin makepoint.gif

and THEN THE MONSTER RAINBOW toning on the outer edges of the coin into the design 893whatthe.gif

then it is a 1941-s to boot and a superb gem mintstate

++++++++++THIS COIN SHOULD NOT EVEN EXIST++++++++++++++++++

if this coin was just a superb gem original undipped rainbow toned commom date coin

like this it would STILL be a RARE COIN!!!

BUT THIS COIN IS A 41-S 893applaud-thumb.gif

TOTALLY UNREAL cloud9.gif

I THINK the only ms66 star AND the highest graded *star* 41-s to boot

MONSTA!!

sincerely michael shy.gif

195217-41sWALKER.jpg.48bd7412ccc8a130a9675590ac1c9f5d.jpg

I have to admit Michael, that is my favorite Walker you have there. My second favorite is the one I own. It's a 41 in 67 with thick white skin and some rainbow as well. You've seen an image of it before.

By request here it is. As you can see it has a very thick white skin. Has blue around the rims and rainbow on the head, sun and at the bottom that doesn't show .

It's in a pcgs ms67 holder.

589a8af48017f_195298-1941pcgsms67walker.jpg.0b85a375a5cd011d92124ed8099fd566.jpg

Hey yo, Mikey!! Youse know if ya keep on postin' them there coins wid' da million dollar look, you're gonna hafta take a ride wid my boys.....you know, so's I can make ya an offer ya can't refuse!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Another great looking coin, Michael 893applaud-thumb.gif Can't wait to see some more.

Thank you for posting those wonderful WLHs michael and stman! smile.gif Coins like those, which are normally seen blast white, are a real treat when they have thick, original skin on them. Of course, most in the market like the look of the blast white coin, even if it has to be dipped to make it that way. Essentially, most in the market prefer artificially white (AW) coins. wink.gif

Since you are sharing such beautiful pieces, here is one that cost substantially less than either of the previous coins yet has many of the same attributes. This is a '46-S slabbed by NGC as MS65. The obverse is attached in this post, the reverse will be in the next. I saw this coin on the bourse floor and asked the dealer what he wanted for it; he nearly turned pale and said to me he wanted a lot for it. That nearly made me not ask how much, however, I asked and the dealer told me $15 over Greysheet! grin.gif That was "a lot"? 893whatthe.gif He was serious! The dealer was apologetic that he needed $15 over Greysheet; he felt badly! 893whatthe.gif

The coin itself has thick champagne patina over both the obverse and reverse with the perimeter bathed in rich gold that then turns into sea-green and finally light, patinated blue. The marks you see in the obverse field behind Ms Liberty are luster grazes and are less severe than the scan makes them look. The coin looks velvety. I will attach the reverse immediatly in the next post.

195792-obv.jpg.d6e5aacc49e5505213c1818fea90c4a9.jpg

Here is the reverse to the '46-S NGC MS65 WLH. It has the same thick champagne toning on the reverse that the obverse has and also has sea-foam green racing around the perimeter with light blue speckles inside. A very cool looking coin in hand. Remember, these are only scans and they make the coin look washed out. grin.gif

195793-rev.jpg.4fb820ad188d90f7b649507a4f601298.jpg

Hi Tom, thanks for sharing your Walker as well. I can tell it's a very nice original piece. I know what you mean about scanners showing marks more than they show up in real life. Sometimes they are a good tool though because you can see a print or a dipped coin starting to re-tone in a scan but it won't show much Yet in person.

That's funny how you bought that and the dealer feeling awkward for charging a bit over sheet price. Must have been a long time ago huh? shocked.gif

I have another very colorful one. Probably one of the most colorful I have seen anyway. But it's a scan and doesn't do it justice. I mentioned it to you on the other board once, you wanted to see it anyway, I then posted it but not sure if you saw it. Years ago I used to buy them white (artificial white smirk.gif) but these days at shows I just walk by those tables with hardly a glance. I sure don't see many like your coin or the others posted to this thread.

Thanks for the kind words about the WLH. smile.gif I bought the '46-S last month at the GSNA show that I had a table at in NJ. grin.gif893whatthe.gif I was surprised. grin.gif

hi there tom

just from the scans in terms of toning i think the 46 s does not even come close to the 41s

sincerely michael

I have to agree with you 100%, I was only posting it because it had a similar "feel" and that it is not a common look for the series. smile.gif

now that i think about it tom you are absolutely right

how many 46 s halves can you go out and find toning like that and this undipped look to the coin

i am surprised that the dealer would sell such an uncommon popular series coin with that look for cheap!

i guess if you go to shows you can really cherry pick dealers at smaller shows who for the most part really do not know what they are doing and they themselves just buy it sooooo cheap they actually never lose money

can you imagine if he sold the coin for what he did what he bought it for!!

as such a really uncommon coin

sincerely michael