• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just thought I'd ask...1945-P Mercury???

5 posts in this topic

This is my first thread I started here on the NGC boards and anyone that knows me from the "other side" will notice I do NOT start thread very often.

I tried this on the "other side" some time ago to no avail but I thought I'd try it here: I'm looking to see if anyone here owns the only 1945-P NGC 68 Mercury Dime (non-STAR). There still are only two with one being a STAR.

The reason I ask is that I thought that since the non-STAR NGC 68 was once owned by little ol' me that it would be fun to track it down and see who has it now. At the time I owned it, 1994-1997, there weren't any STARS so it could be that this coin IS the one that is starred. But, then again, you would think that they would have gotten rid of the regular 68 census. Hell, I don't know. I'm not into registries to Census tracking or any of that [!@#%^&^]. I'm just curious to see if anyone around here has the coin. It was a wild-toned coin with typical flat bands...although it wasn't a bad strike per se.

I did look at the registry sets and didn't find it.

Thanks!

jom

I just wondered if anyone had it. Maybe they took a nice picture of it and I could see it again. I figured that out of all the cons I shouldn't have sold in my past this one was unique enough (high grade...only one etc etc) that I'd be able to find it.

$100k? lol Yeah, it might be to someone. Who knows? I only know I LOST money on the coin. Should have held on to it....

jom <---- insufficiently_thoughtful_person

I figured that out of all the cons I shouldn't have sold

893Funny-thumb.gif Heh heh. Cons. This is just about the most unfortunate (but amusing) typo I've seen grin.gif.

Hope you locate the owner. I'm sure it would be cool to see where it lives nowadays.

This is just about the most unfortunate (but amusing) typo I've seen

Uhhh...typo?

jom

laughy.gif