• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RailRoad Rim Errors

2 posts in this topic

I asked about this through another post concerning the edgeview holders , but either it was lost or misdirected , so here goes again .

I have a nickel with a very obvious railroad rim effect ( the third side is offset all the way around) and I guess first I should ask 'Does NGC consider this an error and would it be listed as such on the label?' , then second , 'If either recognized or not, and the coin is still gradeable as not circulated damage , would it be possible to encapsulate in the edgeview holder ?'

I understand these special holders are designed for large coins , but has there been any possibility of these being produced to hold a Jefferson style nickel , as because the one in question is an edge error , it would only be visible in some type of edgeview holder at this time versus the solid white one.

Currently the coin is displayed in an over-sized cointain , yet I would really like to place it along side my other errors in the NGC holders on my display so that it doesn't look like it was just left on a shelf . Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Administrator

Thanks for your question.

Yes, NGC recognizes railroad rim and other partial collar errors. Unfortunately we do not have an edgeview holder to accomodate your coin at this time. It can, of course, be encapsulated in a normal NGC holder.