• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh Coinage Gods of CHATLAND - Can you tell me How Many ?

4 posts in this topic

I am looking for production numbers for the SMS issue 1998s Kennedy Matte Proof 1/2 Dollar Coin that ONLY came issued in the Kennedy Memorial Set With the One Dollar Kennedy Coin ??

I found the Production issue for the 1 dollar coin at 500k But that was also released separately UNLIKE the half which was ONLY available in the set. So If we can come up with a SET production number we have the number I need.

Any Help out there

Mike

PS - I made my Chat name and my Collectors ID's name the same now to help the confusion of who I am smile.gif

sig.jpg

I found numerous numbers from 64k through 69k ... Where did you find this figure ??

I know about the nickels I have both in SP70 smile.gif

m

It's in my head since they have always interested me. More like 69,126 or somewhere near that. The mintage figures were consistent when I learned that figure from one of the numismatic publications. However the 2007 redbook and coin values don't have the mintage in them. I check Coins magazine and it is saying 62,350. I have never seen this figure before in the 3+ yrs that I have been following this coin. So, I put stock in the 69K number since it has been consistently published before.