• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOLY COW! Look at what I just found!

28 posts in this topic

I heard from reading across the street... And to think you just sold 15 of the Minnesota quarters??? They could have had extra trees!

I actually had a total of 45 of these,it makes me wonder how many others I had blush.gif

O.I.C.

Woooooooooooo...... Hoooooooooooo.....

Not!

tongue.gif

Come on Victor,don't crash the party,this is the first time I've actually found a "real" variety that had value. tongue.gif

Sorry, bud, just funning with you.

What premium do they carry? You have 45 of them?? COOL. How much searching and how many rolls did you have to go through?

1370331-Wisconsindoubledtreevariety.jpg

Compliments of the EZ_E Photoshop Factory.

1370331-Wisconsindoubledtreevariety.jpg.3a34d90df9f20d949f68c42f3480dc6f.jpg

Sorry, bud, just funning with you.

What premium do they carry? You have 45 of them?? COOL. How much searching and how many rolls did you have to go through?

NP,Victor.

No,I had 45 of this type of coin: 2005-P SMS Minnesota Quarters all graded by NGC as MS-69.I've been slowly selling them on eBay and I just discovered that one of the 16 I had left was this variety.There's no telling how many of those I sold might have been DDRs. This variety has been selling for up to $400 for just plain raw uncs,how much a certified MS-69 is worth is beyond me.

There's no telling how many of those I sold might have been DDRs. This variety has been selling for up to $400 for just plain raw uncs,how much a certified MS-69 is worth is beyond me.

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif with a snap and a twist.

$400??? I bet it could go for $1500 Hayden. Cross it over to PCGS so they can designate it, or sell it RIGHT NOW on eBay!

I'll wager you clear $2,500 if you treat it with MS70 first.

Beijim

Hayden, though I know next to nothing about this DDR other than CW's write-up, congratulations on a fabulous discovery. I'm glad you were able to cherry-pick something like this.

James

Got in late , just read your post Hayden , Bet the find went something like this 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...

...you remembered you had some Mn quarters while thinking of the DDR's smile.gif , so ya went and started checking 893crossfingers-thumb.gif...

....nothing , nothing , until you came upon the one that made ya stop breathing yay.gif, eh?

How many times did ya keep looking at it before that big grin pushed your ears back ? grin.gif

Dude ! That's great that ya caught it and thanks for sharing headbang.gif , especially the pics! thumbsup2.gif

(and special thanks to the EZ_E Photoshop Factory ,kudos 893applaud-thumb.gif)

I got a Denver in my UNC set and didn't stop grinning for at least an hour ( hard to eat dinner like that ) .

Let KP know about the find so he or J Wexler can up the count .

I think your enthusiasm made me more happy about your find than mine hail.gif- I think that's great ! acclaim.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

So we know there were doubled dies used to strike coins for Mint Sets, but are there circulations coins with the same or similar doubling?

By the way, has anyone found a [embarrassing lack of self control] Fisherman yet?

So we know there were doubled dies used to strike coins for Mint Sets, but are there circulations coins with the same or similar doubling?

Yes,quite a few.So check your pocket change any rolls you have headbang.gif

Got in late , just read your post Hayden , Bet the find went something like this 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...

...you remembered you had some Mn quarters while thinking of the DDR's smile.gif , so ya went and started checking 893crossfingers-thumb.gif...

....nothing , nothing , until you came upon the one that made ya stop breathing yay.gif, eh?

How many times did ya keep looking at it before that big grin pushed your ears back ? grin.gif

Dude ! That's great that ya caught it and thanks for sharing headbang.gif , especially the pics! thumbsup2.gif

(and special thanks to the EZ_E Photoshop Factory ,kudos 893applaud-thumb.gif)

I got a Denver in my UNC set and didn't stop grinning for at least an hour ( hard to eat dinner like that ) .

Let KP know about the find so he or J Wexler can up the count .

I think your enthusiasm made me more happy about your find than mine hail.gif- I think that's great ! acclaim.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Well,I didn't want to post to this thread again in fear that Lou would tar and feather me,but hopefully he wont flowerred.gif

Actually,it pretty much went like that,I had trouble going to sleep the night I found it.I couldn't quite believe it! I've never found valuable stuff before,the most I ever found was $2 under a counter blush.gif and now I've topped my brother-in-law who found a 1853 gold dollar on the ground! 893whatthe.gif

As I said,I was aware of the variety but thought it was only the BS coins,until a buddy of mine was kind enough to inform me about the SMS DDRs thumbsup2.gif

BTW,Ken Potter is already aware of this example. cool.gif

Still grinning....

Hayden