• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Designation

2 posts in this topic

I'm in the process of sending some coins to NCS in order to have them slabbed. Most exhibit a flaw as either cleaned or a rim nick. I think maybe about 3 will be passed on to NGC as I am not 100% certain if they are problem coins.

My question though is this: Is it possible to get a designation ( ie: Springorum Collection' printed on the labels if a coin grades MS quality ?

If so how do I enter that on the NCS submission form ? Do I fill it in the 'notes' space under each of the coin details ?

Out of the 10 I have maybe 4 which will grade MS.

Thanks for your help.

If you would like to add a pedigree to your coins' labels, you would need to use the notes section of the NCS form. The pedigree would appear on all coins in the invoice whether they grade with NGC or NCS.

When coins are sent in for NCS details grading, they will be first determined if they would grade with NGC. Those coins that do not have irreversible surface problems such as improper cleaning or environmental damage will be transferred and certified by NGC. Only NGC certification fees would apply to those coins. Those coins that do have irreversible surface problems will be authenticated, details graded, and encapsulated in NCS Details Grade holders. NCS fees would apply to those.

Chris, NCS