• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think of these two Texas Commem halves?

20 posts in this topic

I'm normally not one who likes mottled toning but I do on these two beauties. If the "D" is anything like the other two, Hayden has a wonderful set yay.gif

Thanks guys,I bought this 1937 set together,and I'm probably going to buy the 1936 that came from the same collector if things work out.The toning is similar.

I'm going to post the D coin later,the toning is similar,but it has a problem I need advice on. frown.gif

Truth,you know I don't sell coins to California liberals 893naughty-thumb.gif

Actually,I'm probably going to send them off to NGC,we can talk when they get back wink.gif

Actually,I'm probably going to send them off to NGC,we can talk when they get back wink.gif

I think they would look cool in a multiholder. thumbsup2.gif

The tone looks NT to me and fairly nice, though a little more speckled than I usually prefer. I like the looks of the S mint better. It's impossible to grade coins with that type of tone from an image but I will take a guess and say they will grade in the MS65 range (give or take a point).