• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pruning Some more ... ICG Gold grades on $5 Commems

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone have experiences on attempting to cross over ICG GOLD certified coins into NGC holders at the same grade ??? I have (8) five dollar commems

that are all MS70 low mintage coins from the Cauldron in 1996 to th Liberty in 1986. I am unsure wether to sell off the coins in there 70 holders and use the cash to buy high grade coinage for my NCG registry set OR Send them in with a min grade of MS70 and see if I can snag one or two a that grade and sell off the ICG 's that dont cross at the desired grade.

Any Input ???

I suppose at only 9000 pieces for the cauldron and flag bearer even a 69 would not be undesireable.

Mike

cauldron.jpg

Reflections and holder damage detract from its real beauty

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm

Looks like it all comes down to dollars on wether to sell them in ICG MS70 holders and BUY NGC coins after OR crack them out and submit as raw ...

On the bright side at least on the Cauldron and Flag Bearer they have a HIGH amount at 70's - almost as many as the 69's.