• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody ever heard of Coinbay.biz?

6 posts in this topic

I received an email from this place that said if I register, they will issue $100 credit to my account which I can use for free listings. Sounds like somebody is trying to take some of Ebay's business.

.biz is a newer form of the internet. .com . net. .gov .edu. org. .tv (Newer) .biz is for Business. I like the idea of that but its in the same line as .com(Commerial) As to the site you will just have to check it out and see what happens. Ebay rules the day right now, but in the future I see sections of Ebay dieing out some. Smaller but more confined websites are popping up and taking some business from ebay. Most of these are specialized.

Yes. This person is setting up a competing coin auction site and using eBay purchases as an opportunity to spam sellers with inducements (both email and printed matter) to do business on the competing site. For awhile the person was even using "coinbaydotbiz" and "www_coinbay_dot_biz" as their eBay User ID. Each of these actions is understandably a flagrant violation of eBay's terms of service, not to mention tacky and annoying in the extreme to the recipients of such ersatz missives.

Beijim