• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC economy now 31 days.

15 posts in this topic

Just got grades. Looks like 27 business days. yay.gif

And I got upgrades from coins that used to be in NNC slabs!!! 893whatthe.gif

Really? I've never owned an NNC coin,but from what I've seen they don't look as bad as other cruddy slabs.So what all did you send in and what upgraded?

Who's the man?! In QC today W00T.

Good,now we don't have to hear about your submission anymore. yeahok.gif

wink.gif

Don't forget to post your results! thumbsup2.gif

I thought I already ranted about this.... Improperly cleaned.

Just got grades. Looks like 27 business days. yay.gif

And I got upgrades from coins that used to be in NNC slabs!!! 893whatthe.gif

Really? I've never owned an NNC coin,but from what I've seen they don't look as bad as other cruddy slabs.So what all did you send in and what upgraded?

I assume you mean the grading doesn't look as bad? The slabs are pretty poor quality. I broke the coins out using my bare hands.

I've been rather surprised with NNC coins. I'm not sure if it is due to the original buyer being selective of what they buy or NNC isn't that bad or just coincidence, but all but one of their slabs I've owned has been graded OK. The other one was a foreign coin I thought was 1-2 points too high.

These coins were Morgans. One upgraded from MS64 to MS65. Another graded the same at MS64. One I'm not sure, but I'm thinking it might have gone from MS63 to MS64. I have the original inserts at home. I'll check tonight.

The one that graded MS65 is a 1921. Hard to believe, but this is the first 1921 I've ever had grade MS65. The 1971-D Kennedy in MS67 and the 1921 Morgan in MS65 were two "easy" coins that for some reason I could never make no mater how many I submitted. My quest is done... smile.gif

It looks like they are slower, but that's only because the stages don't seem to update as frequently. I've had orders go from Received to Quality Control (and sometimes all the way to Finalized/Imaged/Shipped) in a single day.

I've had orders go from Received to Quality Control (and sometimes all the way to Finalized/Imaged/Shipped) in a single day.

Either that,or you sent in so many coins that they decided to just use the old "dart-board" approach to grading. smirk.gif

By the way,I was referring to the quality of grading on the NNC slabs,I've never owned or even held a NNC slab in person.Congrats on the upgrades thumbsup2.gif