• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Questions is " ARE YOU DONE ! " ......

26 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Well, these aren't quite up to date... and it's a uh... sneak preview that will probably change a bit before release.

But in honor of your accomplishment, here:

img.jpg

img.jpg

• Administrator

Oh yeah, here's the UBB code you would use to put these in your sig (if you want to):

[url=http://www.collectors-society.com/Home.aspx?PeopleID=22360][img=http://boards.collectors-society.com/signatures/signature.php/NGC/user/22360/sig.jpg][/url] 

[url=http://www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=17289][img=http://boards.collectors-society.com/signatures/signature.php/CGC/set/17289/sig.jpg][/url] 

Wow! I am more than just impressed! A couple of those coins I can only dream about right now. hail.gif

Another collector after my own heart is Rexcat that also has a completed 1883 proof set.

Congratulations on a job well done! acclaim.gif

Wow! I am more than just impressed! A couple of those coins I can only dream about right now. hail.gif

Another collector after my own heart is Rexcat that also has a completed 1883 proof set.

Congratulations on a job well done! acclaim.gif

Thanks Victor, thumbsup2.gif yes my set is complete and none of coins are slouches...

But like you there are a few coins in Mike’s set, cough, Trade Dollar, cough, I can only dream of having. cloud9.gif (Or sell off many of my type coins to upgrade the 83 set, which I think you might enjoy see happen, but it will not happen, no way hose A, they’re mine all mine I tell you and I’ll never let go, BWAHAHAHA!! insane.gif)

Any way, good to see Mike that you found the cameos for your set, I’ve have never seen a better 1883 proof set then yours. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah I thought about your old three cent nickel, 2 point up grade, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif but my focus is to plug away at the old type set, which my 1883 proof set is actually part of along with two others.

• Administrator
Hey Arch, what are the little colored blobs you have in your sig line area? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifwink.gifgrin.gif

893whatthe.gifmad.gifyeahok.gifcrazy.gif

Little colored blobs... why I oughta...

stooges.gif

• Administrator

We'll probably bump the size up again on these just a wee little bit. We'll try to get the text point size up by 1 or at most 2, but we'd like to preserve a size that doesn't tend to make people's signatures longer than their posts. smile.gif

I can read them fine the way they are now. Kinda small, maybe even too small for some users, but I can see them fine.

I agree. They were certainly too big before but maybe an increase of 10% would be good.

I would increase the height and decrease the width a tad.

TomB had asked how long I was working on this set ... Well only about a year and a half. I Purchased the initial nine coin set From DLRC and as you can see with the pictures and the coins - 5 came back under a designation review as CAMEOS - the last one being the Morgan which came back last week as such. Then the rest is searching high and low for upgrades that the vendors would take tradins and cash for smile.gif - so I am not stuck with dupes of the set tying up needed cash. The other costly investment was completeing the set - The Trade Dollar. I am sure as graded I overpaid for it BUT it also was sent out and came back as a cameo designation so I am proving to have a good eye when it comes to the LOOK graders are looking for cameo designations. I am going to try to attach a picture of the original set so you can see what I saw when I purchased it KNOWING some would cameo out smile.gif

1883_Set.jpg

There are only a couple of the Original Set Left a you can see

http://www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=17289

Enjoy

Yes I am Done smile.gif

Unless someone knows of a 1883 Cameo Indian head makepoint.gif

Mike

I used to own a beautiful toned 1883 RB Cameo Proof IHC - It ended up in an NGC holder as a PF67RB Cameo which would a top pop coin. It was sold in this ANR Auction: (The ANR image is not an accurate picture of this coin - it looks much nicer in hand.)

Here's the link: 1883 PF67RB Cam IHC

Edited to add:

There are 9 total slabbed 1883 Cameo PF IHCs. Here's the POPS for the 1883 Cameo PF IHCs

NGC:

1 PF64RB Cam

1 PF67RB Cam

1 PF64RD Cam

1 PF67RD Cam

PCGS:

1 PF64RD Cam

3 PF65RD Cam

1 PF66RD Cam

I have personally seen approximately 4 of the nine coins, and owned 1 of them.

Wow thanks for the link - that is a Beauty BUT - I do have a limit

on how far I will go to get one ..

It will probably will not happen as I think I am pretty content with

the set as it is ... and would probably NOT want to down grade grade for the

designation of cameo.

Thanks for the response

Mike