• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB 2006 Ultra Cameo Silver eagle or two

8 posts in this topic

HI All. You got a rookie here. I am new to the coin market. I want to Start a coin collection for my son. I want to get the best possible Silver Eagles I can for him. From what I am learning is that Ultra Cameo MS70 graded by NGC are the best. Am I learning correctly? Any way, If you can help this rookie out I would apreciate it. Send me an e-mail to dano2158@msn.com with pics and price. I want to get these for my son that was born in 2001 I want to start out with the 2006 and work my way back, That way I can ease the wife into this. Thanks All, Dan thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Zach, I apreciate the education. This is the joy of learning a new hobby. So From what I am seeing is that the PF70 Ucam coins are the ones that might potentially hold their value the best?

Also I take it that the coin collectors honor the NGC and the Standard for Grading?

Thanks Again Zach, I am trying to learn as fast as I can. Dan

PF70UCAM are the proof versions... It depends on what you want. If you're looking for plain silver Mint State coins, then go with the MS70's. If you would like brilliant proofs, then go with the PF70's. Just a matter of opinion if money is no object. As far as overall appearance, if they're for your son, the proofs would probably be better.

Also, NGC is considered the tip top of the hobby as far as grading goes, so they're the best service to buy under.

I have another question fro you all. I am seeing that first strikes seem really good. Is this true? Is it better to have a fisrt strike Vs. a regular proof? I guess the question is is a first strike PF 70 worth more than a pf 70?

Any way, I am still looking for a pf 70 silver eagle graded by the NGC. thanks All, Dan

First Strikes are a lot of bunk, and mean basically nothing. Just a marketing ploy. First strikes do command a little bit of premium (much to my dismay), but I dont think they are "worth" more.

Ebay has 2006 NGC PF70s listed here