• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taler toning, can NCS help

2 posts in this topic

I bought this Austria Salzburg taler last September at the Superior Galleries Pre-Long Beach auction. I opening the sealed flip (Seems like Mylar to me) it was it carefully and with cotton gloves took a couple of photos, put it back into the flip (unsealed at this point) and put it in a hard plastic slab box (It has a few other coins in it also) and then put it in my safe deposit box at my bank ( I keep a dessicant bag in it)

Yesterday I went to retrieve a few coins I submitting to NGC, this taler being one of them, and this is what I found

BEFORE:

IMG_0387%20(3).jpgIMG_0388%20(3).jpg

NOW:

IMG_0831.jpgIMG_0832.jpg

The obverse hasn't changed !!!!

Any suggestions of what I should do ... or if I should do anything !!!

What can NCS do for this coin? If you clean it can it still be graded in an NGC slab or does it automatically get slabbed in a NCS slab?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!!!!!!

We likely can help your coin. It almost appears as if there was a fingerprint on your coin that has caused that toning though this is pure speculation.

Assuming the coin is genuine and doesn't have any irreversible surface problems such as an improper cleaning or environmental damage, your coin will grade with NGC following the conservation.

Chris, NCS