• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just went through my "mistakes" box and found out I have a Dog In The hunt...

9 posts in this topic

purple.jpg

I sent this coin to NCS and had them conserve it. Because of the Haze problem on proof sets of that era I thought that if the haze were removed from the fields it may get a UCAM designation.Instead I got that Monstrosity.

What now are my options.Who do I litigate with and what can be done to save all of humanity from the blight of blue (or in this case Purple)?

Dayum, i hope you aren't running any EBAY auctions! 893whatthe.gif

I stopped dealing on ebay a few years back.I actually did right well.

I was cracking and conserving through NCS and had a few upgrades that netted a pretty good profit.

but this coin just ticked me off so I tossed it into my mistakes box.I got a couple ms64 kennedy's in there as well.

I was cracking and conserving through NCS and had a few upgrades that netted a pretty good profit.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

OH YOU HEATHEN DEVIL CHILD! You are hereby condemned to the lowest pits of hell! How dare you defraud the innocent unsuspecting and make a profit from people like that!

SHAME ON YOU!

27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

OH YOU HEATHEN DEVIL CHILD! You are hereby condemned to the lowest pits of hell! How dare you defraud the innocent unsuspecting and make a profit from people like that!

SHAME ON YOU!

27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

If it truly still doesn't look "right", then this is a case where the coin should be dipped. Yes, it will turn bright pink, but it's messed up anyhow, right? And after you dip it, the gunk that's messing it up will be gone.

The good news is that if you carefully place this coin in an appropriate environment, such as a Whitman album, it probably won't take long for it to tone back originally, and maybe you would end up with a really nice piece.

Yes, I know my proposal is to doctor the coin, but if it's messed up anyhow, what's the problem confused-smiley-013.gif.

James

purple.jpg

Who do I litigate with?

Well, you could go after the mining industry that extracted the ore..........and the manufacturer that produced the heavy equipment used at the mine............and the manufacturer that produced the equipment that transported the ore................and the refinery that produced the base metals................and the Mint for producing an inferior product.............and the plastics company that produced the holder...........and the paper products company that produced the insert...............and the distribution company that sent you the product.............and the USPS for delivering it to you.............and the realtor who sold you your home................and the contractor who built the house.............and all of the construction-related industries that made your house possible...........and, finally, NCS.

On second thought, scratch NCS from the list. It isn't their fault you did what you did.

Chris devil.gif

purple.jpg

Who do I litigate with?

Well, you could go after the mining industry that extracted the ore..........and the manufacturer that produced the heavy equipment used at the mine............and the manufacturer that produced the equipment that transported the ore................and the refinery that produced the base metals................and the Mint for producing an inferior product.............and the plastics company that produced the holder...........and the paper products company that produced the insert...............and the distribution company that sent you the product.............and the USPS for delivering it to you.............and the realtor who sold you your home................and the contractor who built the house.............and all of the construction-related industries that made your house possible...........and, finally, NCS.

On second thought, scratch NCS from the list. It isn't their fault you did what you did.

Chris devil.gif

I swear Chris 893whatthe.gif.....I just can't believe you want me to take personal responsibility for my letting NCS do my dirty work..... sorry.gif