• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

well it seems another coward has stuck his or her nose into someone elses pocket

69 posts in this topic

I gave ya a little bump G. How you don't mind.
Your a damm good man SE

I'm pretty damn sure that's called shill bidding. mad.gif893naughty-thumb.gifyeahok.gif

Not shill bidding. I bid on the item, just got outbid by the high bidder.

I don't give a [embarrassing lack of self control] what you call it, Chad. You did not intend to buy the coin. You intended to get more money for the seller. THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF SHILL BIDDING. mad.gif

Zach

Oh BS. When you bid on your own coin auction using a another of your own id is shill bidding. Give me a break, unfornutely most of the people on this board are not the "unexpecting" ignorant, stupid people you all wish to make people believe they are.

I have held my toungue about this matter for a long time, but THIS REALLY PISSES ME OFF. We as a group complain about coin doctors and shill bidders. We have at least one of each in our midst, and everyone seems to think they're actions are justified.

Chad, I strongly reccomend that you retract your bids, or that Greg cancels them, because they are blatant shill bidding.

Zach

Your a damm good man SE

I'm pretty damn sure that's called shill bidding. mad.gif893naughty-thumb.gifyeahok.gif

I don't give a [embarrassing lack of self control] what you call it, Chad. You did not intend to buy the coin. You intended to get more money for the seller. THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF SHILL BIDDING. mad.gif

Zach

Oh BS. When you bid on your own coin auction using a another of your own id is shill bidding. Give me a break, unfornutely most of the people on this board are not the "unexpecting" ignorant, stupid people you all wish to make people believe they are.

Damm Ex....This is your third thumbsup2.gif tonight

I have held my toungue about this matter for a long time, but THIS REALLY PISSES ME OFF. We as a group complain about coin doctors and shill bidders. We have at least one of each in our midst, and everyone seems to think they're actions are justified.

Chad, I strongly reccomend that you retract your bids, or that Greg cancels them, because they are blatant shill bidding.

Zach

And when and If Mark shows up I hope you can show the same rightious indignation. thumbsup2.gif

Wow Zach... Someone must have taken a [embarrassing lack of self control] in your cornflakes.

So you can't justify your actions, you just claim that someone [embarrassing lack of self control] in my breakfast.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Zach

And when and If Mark shows up I hope you can show the same rightious indignation. thumbsup2.gif

Whose Mark?

Zach

After that shananigan, any bidders, or any person planning to bid on that auction wouldn't have because of the AT comment. I didn't want to see Gmarguli lose the auction to that act, so I helped out.

Wow Zach... Someone must have taken a [embarrassing lack of self control] in your cornflakes.

So you can't justify your actions, you just claim that someone [embarrassing lack of self control] in my breakfast.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You are responding to me but personally what you do with your cornflakes are between you and them....

Your a damm good man SE

Zach

Damm Ex....This is your third thumbsup2.gif tonight

cool.gif

yay.gifheadbang.gif

Zach

Whose Mark?

Zach

Mark Feld.....Quiet as of late but basicly a couple weeks ago I told him that his accusations and diatribe would in effect cause the situation that happened tonight.

So why doesn't he cancel the auction and start a new one? I agree that the sabotage of his auction was wrong, but what you did is just as bad.

He may just, but once an auction was corrupted as badly as this was what can you really do?SE did what he thought would be of support for a wronged board member.I personally admire his intent.

Zach

Whose Mark?

Zach

Mark Feld.....Quiet as of late but basicly a couple weeks ago I told him that his accusations and diatribe would in effect cause the situation that happened tonight.

Unless he did it, or asked someone to, I don't think he has done anything wrong. If he has merely said that he is against doctored coins, kudos to him.

Zach

Zach

Whose Mark?

Zach

Unless he did it, or asked someone to, I don't think he has done anything wrong. If he has merely said that he is against doctored coins, kudos to him.

Zach

There friend we will agree to dissagree.

And I will say Kudos to SE.

Of the 2 HE showed character.

Zach

Whose Mark?

Zach

Zach

There friend we will agree to dissagree.

And I will say Kudos to SE.

Of the 2 HE showed character.

Thanks Maul. If it happened to me, I'd want someone to pay... Or at least help out.

Shouldn't, because then you'd be in it to win it.

Oh i would win it, if he accuses me of shill bidding i'll make sure i do win it. I'd love for him to accuse me in public of shill bidding, i'd love to have a free coin purchased with his money. I'd drill a friggen hole in it and mount it to my fence post and shoot my 45cal at it.

I tell you what MikeinFl, if i bid $1000 on that coin right now, will you accuse me of shill bidding right here in public in this thread?

No. You would be trying to win the coin. Chad placed multiple bids up to the limit of the current high bidder with the intent to raise the bid, not win the coin.

Shouldn't, because then you'd be in it to win it.

Oh i would win it, if he accuses me of shill bidding i'll make sure i do win it. I'd love for him to accuse me in public of shill bidding, i'd love to have a free coin purchased with his money. I'd drill a friggen hole in it and mount it to my fence post and shoot my 45cal at it.

Most def the fourth thumbsup2.gif

I tell you what MikeinFl, if i bid $1000 on that coin right now, will you accuse me of shill bidding right here in public in this thread?

No. You would be trying to win the coin. Chad placed multiple bids up to the limit of the current high bidder with the intent to raise the bid, not win the coin.

Everyone, please stop.

It's really a moot point.

1) The high bidder is not maxed out by SE. There is room left.

2) The coin will end up selling for more than the high bidders current high bid. My guess is that it'll sell for at least $50 more than his max.

Everyone, please stop.

It's really a moot point.

1) The high bidder is not maxed out by SE. There is room left.

2) The coin will end up selling for more than the high bidders current high bid. My guess is that it'll sell for at least $50 more than his max.

As per your request ... thumbsup2.gif

Greg,

You seem to know alot about the current high bidders bid. Seems he lives about an hour away from you and you probably know him personally. I certainly hope there is no funny business going on.

Greg,

You seem to know alot about the current high bidders bid. Seems he lives about an hour away from you and you probably know him personally. I certainly hope there is no funny business going on.

Dave,

The high bidders bid was revealed when DickyBetz bid $10,000 on the coin. I and everyone else saw what his high bid was, as it was one increment below the current high DickyBetz bid.

I'm not sure where the bidder lives. I don't know him either personally or over the internet. That isn't to say that he hasn't purchased coins from meover eBay in the past - lots of people do and I don't remember most of their eBay IDs.

Like I said earlier, his max bid won't win the coin and as it stands right now, he has been outbid by two people. I doubt the current high bid of $128.05 will win the coin either. It's a very nicelooking coin, undergraded, and it's got room to run.

I’m thinking of bidding on it. Not to help anyone out, I think it is pretty.

Now that's me. thumbsup2.gif

Eddited to Add: I know the scoop and if anyone else want’s it worse than I do they will have to out bid me.

And I changed my feedback to private for obvious reasons. insane.gif

Sounds good Greg. I didnt notice the max bid.

You and the high bidder do alot of business and are both from the LA area.

Good luck on the auction.