• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deal or No Deal

14 posts in this topic

Sometimes I indulge in the bait offers - the ones that you know are low but offered to new clients so that they can hawk the over priced stuff to you. I've done fairly well thus far. No, they can't sell me the over priced stuff. I have a secret weapon. When I feel tempted, I put my wife on the phone with them and she shuts them down bumpit.gif

Anyway. The below are 10 morgans that averaged under $23 each. I've got 30 days to get a refund on $21.00 each. I figured this was good "education". Below are the 10 pics - reduced. If you are a glutton for punishment, I'll edit the post to include a URL to the original full size obv and rev. That said, I can only park these full size one's at the URL's for a week, so I'll edit this post then to remove the links to the full size.

To the question..."Deal or No Deal". poke2.gif The two 1880-o's - numbers 1 and two - looks suspicious to me. I won't be able to get back on till Tue (08/15) night or Wed.

Number 1

1-1880-o.jpg

Number 2

2-1880-o.jpg

Number 3

3-1884-o.jpg

Number 4

4-1921.jpg

Number 5

5-1889.jpg

Number 6

6-1921-s.jpg

Number 7

7-1884.jpg

Number 8

8-1879.jpg

Number 9

9-1896.jpg

Number 10

10-1883.jpg

They all have problems for the money you can't do a lot better.

They are worth maybe $9.00 each in my opinion.

Eddited to add: If you think this guy is trying to bait you with a good deal so he can stick it to you on something else you better think again.

This person is fixing to slaughter you.

I like the 1880 O but otherwise one could do better at a local coin shop looking through the inevitable boxes of silver dollars in 2x2's. In short my vote is for no deal.

Don't be sorry...be honest. I've got to sign off for now. Keep the comments coming. Thanks to all I knew I could count of you.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Slaughter me? Naaa. I've got the ad. Not as advertised. Purchased on credit card. For a 20 buck gamble, I now know they are not worth it - again, I've made out pretty well on these deals - and I now know to avoid this company like the plague. Not that I like throwing $20 bucks away, but I've gambled more than that in Vegas on a lot higher odds. I will look at it as contributing to my education expense.

Yeah send them back. If I'm reading this right, you'll get $210 in return. With $210 you can get a fairly nice Morgan dollar or a few good ones if you're into volume.

I'm not certain I understand your post, but the coins are not something you should invest any amount of money above melt on.

John, All of these coins have major problems. The 1921 below if it were not for the rim damage doesn’t look bad from what I can see. And if not for the rim damage I would give the 23.00 for it. You can buy these 1921 a little cheaper if you look around, but this appears to be a nice looking example except for the rim.

Anyone want to comment on this?

johns21obviz9.jpg

At $23 I’m not impressed at all with the lot, as other have stated these coins are worth their silver content, that is all you’d get for them when it came time to sell. confused-smiley-013.gif

I right Spider, that 1921 is the best looking one of the bunch, but even it has a problem with the rim nick taking away value from a coin that didn't have much to start. Picked out of a scrap silver bucket at the coin store for a little above melt would make it nicer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yuck on them all. 893censored-thumb.gif

Send them back to the junk dealer! By the way, you can get BU rolls of 1921 Morgans out of Coin World for $319. That's less than $16 each.

Chris

I liked the 1921 Like Paul and Spider. The rest I did not think was worth the money even before I posted it. In fact, lock, stock, and barrel, already on the way back. By the way, I read the ad wrong. I get full price back PLUS $2 per coin - quote - if I insure and ask for it - unquote. Yes, I asked.

So, not bad. Nothing out of pocket. Received some coins to evaluate and educate myself further, as well as got some practice on the camera. Not bad at all. I can't wait for them to call me to solicit me for more business..... yeahok.gif

Thanks to all who commented. hail.gif