• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A bargain on the Coin Vault? I must be dreaming...

3 posts in this topic

...Or they must be completely incompetent. I was just surfing through the channels and came upon the Coin Vault, and usually I pause for a moment to see what they are selling, and I saw a 3-coin set of proof silver eagles in an NGC multi-coin holder, graded PR-69 UC, 1992-1994 and the price was only $159! The 1993 and 1994 sell for more than that by themselves! I figured maybe that was the first payment, but that was the whole price, and they kept showing these nice proof coins. So, being a cynic when it comes to these bozos, I went online to check the website for details and maybe order a set if this was a real deal. It turned out, the $159 price was for a MS-69 set, which should be selling for maybe $75, not the proof set which should be going for more like $400 (turns out the proof set is for sale for like $798!). Then I go back out to switch the channel in disgust and they are doing it again! They are now showing a 2005 MS-69 $10 1/4 oz gold eagle and the price on the side said $149, which is less than spot! They don't even sell bullion near spot let alone under spot, sure enough I looked at the fine print and the $149 price is for the 1/10th oz. $5 gold eagle, the one they were showing was $349.

What is happening with these guys? Their prices are always high, but tonight it seems like they are going the extra mile in confusing collectors like me who normally know better! It's true what they say, "there ain't no free lunch" especially on the Coin Vault!

Heh heh, I saw that same show. Their description/pricing graphics were way out of synch with their presentations. I think the guy in the graphics overlay booth had a few Pepsis that evening.

893naughty-thumb.gif

Beijim