• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crossover grades ??????

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I understand that many coins graded by other services will not grade the same at NGC. So, here`s my question. Can I specify a lower minimum grade than the one the the inferior service has graded and still get it graded and encapsulated thru NGC`s crossover ? Provided the coin will grade at least the minimum grade I`ve chosen and there is no damage or AT or anything else that would cause the coin to be body bagged.

P.S. Could you tell me the success rate of this scenerio to date ?

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Reid1836 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Coins are graded on an individual basis. While the submitter can request the same grade or lower, it is the coins condition that determines the grade of the piece. Provided that the coin grades the minimum requested grade it will be crossed. There are no real statistics since each coin is judged individually. If the submitter wants the coin in an NGC holder the best thing to do is request cross at any grade and if the coin is gradeable it will be crossed.