• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"New" Lincoln Cent Image

13 posts in this topic

Part of the fun in the hobby for me is taking pictures of my coins and sharing them with others. Just about every day I'm trying different way's to improve my coin picturing taking ability. I use a NIKON Coolpix 5700 with the lens that came with the camera. I'm almost at a standstill on improvements now with this camera. Any tips you can provide are appreciated! Maybe Santa will bring me a D70 this year wink.gif I used two 13W OTT-LITE's for this shot. Please post any new pictures here that you've taken.

Img23272A.jpg

Img23272.jpg

Img23273.jpg

Nice. How close was camera and lights to the coin?

I've been working different light angles to get all edges without shadow or glare. I have had mixed success but, it seems different coins require trial and error (mostly error) for me.

Nice. How close was camera and lights to the coin?

I've been working different light angles to get all edges without shadow or glare. I have had mixed success but, it seems different coins require trial and error (mostly error) for me.

Both about 4" from the coin.

I use a NIKON Coolpix 5700 with the lens that came with the camera. I'm almost at a standstill on improvements now with this camera. Any tips you can provide are appreciated!

Do you shoot RAW (.nef) and use Nikon Capture or Phoshop RAW? If not, you should check it out. It will improve your photos....Mike

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

I use a NIKON Coolpix 5700 with the lens that came with the camera. I'm almost at a standstill on improvements now with this camera. Any tips you can provide are appreciated!

Do you shoot RAW (.nef) and use Nikon Capture or Phoshop RAW? If not, you should check it out. It will improve your photos....Mike

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Mike,

Wow! That is about the true-ist photo that I've seen! The color, shades, and clarity just grabbed me as looking exactly like the Lincoln setting here on my desk.

Great shot,

Regis

Hi Mike,

Yup. Shoot in RAW and use NIKON Capture 4. Since I do use this I guess you're saying my pics suck? wink.gifpoke2.gif Nice Lincoln there and great pic. Maybe I'm using too much lighting? I'll check this out.

Img23341.jpg

Img23345.jpg

Lee -- Do you know whether or not Photoshop Elements (or other Adobe imaging software) supports Nikon RAW format? Do you have to convert from RAW to jpeg to post a photo (the properties of your photos suggest that's the case)? If so, what difference does it make if you shoot in RAW format if you must convert to jpeg anyhow?

Thanks. And wonderful pix, BTW.

Lee -- Do you know whether or not Photoshop Elements (or other Adobe imaging software) supports Nikon RAW format? Do you have to convert from RAW to jpeg to post a photo (the properties of your photos suggest that's the case)? If so, what difference does it make if you shoot in RAW format if you must convert to jpeg anyhow?

Thanks. And wonderful pix, BTW.

Appreciate it IGWT. smile.gif Heres a link to a great article on photography by mgoodm3 from across the street.

photography