• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submission Form-Pricing for Conservation -To-NGC Grading

3 posts in this topic

Thanks for the previous response.

Do I need to include NGC grading charges on a NCS Submission Form to have coins conserved by NCS and then forwarded to NGC for grading?

How does NGC determine what type of grading service I desire?

How do I Pay for the NGC service?

I understand that NCS will not forward coins to NGC that are not expected to grade,

so, if I want the NGC Economy grading service, will I have to ensure that at least the minimum of 5 coins will be considered for NGC grading?

I hate to be a bother, but I try to anticipate as much as possible before getting entangled in a quagmire of interfaces that I can possibly avoid.

• Administrator

Thanks for your questions. I have answered each in turn....

Do I need to include NGC grading charges on a NCS Submission Form to have coins conserved by NCS and then forwarded to NGC for grading?

No, you select the certification option that you desire, but you do not need to specify the charges.

How does NGC determine what type of grading service I desire?

The NGC service tier is determined by coin value. Coins under $300 in value will transfer to NGC as economy tier.

How do I Pay for the NGC service?

All NCS services are paid for by credit card. The same card is used for NGC grading, unless you specify other instructions.

I understand that NCS will not forward coins to NGC that are not expected to grade,

This is not 100% correct, and varies depending on your service selections. For example, if you select NGC grading only, you will be charged NGC grading fee for No Grade coins. If you select NGC grading/NCS Encapsulation, you will be charged for NGC grading on your graded coins, and NCS Encapsulation fees on your No Grade coins.

if I want the NGC Economy grading service, will I have to ensure that at least the minimum of 5 coins will be considered for NGC grading?

Yes and no on this one as well. On a conservation submission, if you submit fewer than five coins valued under $300 each, they still transfer to NGC as economy tier. However, if you submit fewer than five coins for NCS encapsulation service (no conservation requested) and a coin is eligible for NGC grading it will transfer to NGC as an early bird.