• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most common type of US coin that you DON'T have in your collection?

8 posts in this topic

In other words, of all the US coin types, which one that you don't own do you believe is the most common? And tell me your reasons for not owning that type of coin, if you wish. You will have to use your own judgment as to what constitutes a separate type.

High-end MS65 1922-1925 peace dollars with great luster are very common. I would love to have one in my collection becuase they are extremely attractive, in my opinion, but I have never bothered to buy one confused.gif. I guess I keep thinking to myself that its just too common. But then, they are so attractive to me that I probably shouldn’t care how common they are goodevil.gif!

Currently, the most common coin I don't own is a Barber quarter. They are very common in MS grades, and I just haven't seen one with "the look" yet.

One of the most common coins I do not own is a Saint. I'd love to have a very common MS65 example dripping with lustre smile.gif. And I'd love to have one with and without motto. I've been working too hard on other things to take these leaps.

Hoot

So far a slabbed coins go that I can put up on the NGC type coin registry, the answer is EVERYTHING that is new, modern, common as dirt and dirt cheap. I refuse to pay $25 or $30 for a $2 coin in a slab. rantpost.gif My registry set will never be complete as a result. confused.gif

I do keep up with all the state quarters and the rest with my Proof sets. I LOVE Proof sets and Proof coins, especially the silver setscloud9.gif,

re: . I LOVE Proof sets and Proof coins, especially the silver sets.

You get a loud Amen on that statement! I find that the Eagle album for proof sets houses them beautifully. I am beginning to find that their other albums aren't so great, though. They get scratched and marked too easily which makes the coins looked bad.

I still need lots of types to fill my Dansco album. And I still don't have a Barber quarter but I'm in no real hurry because I don't just want fillers but nice ms or proof lustered coins.

I eventually want to have all of the modern dollar commems but I will not buy them slabbed. I agree with an earlier post: why pay a huge premium for a coin that will most likely grade ms/pr 69 anyway? The only exception, I believe, are those who participate in the registry.

Roosevelt dimes, I know they exist with rotated dies (at least there is a 1970 Proof reported to exist) but have yet to find one to add to my collection. So anybody out there who finds one please let me know.