• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey NGC! Howabout a new grading tier.

8 posts in this topic

I call it the "explain why my coin should be graded" tier.

There sure was a lot of whining across the street about coins not getting graded or graded low. The owners swear they bought the coins as original, have a long history about each coin, as well as reasons why the coin should be given a certain grade.

I propose NGC offer a new tier, whereby the owner of the coins gets to stand next to the actual graders, in the grading room, and verbally give reasons why their coin should grade as each grader views them.

Actual tier prices will vary. Proposed prices:

Whiner tier: $100

It's gotta be real color tier: $75

It's absolutely original tier: $55

Please, please, please grade it tier: $40

TRUTH

There sure was a lot of whining across the street about coins not getting graded or graded low. The owners swear they bought the coins as original, have a long history about each coin, as well as reasons why the coin should be given a certain grade.

And an owner would never lie about a coins history...especially not an owner who is a coin dealer. yeahok.gif

I propose NGC offer a new tier, whereby the owner of the coins gets to stand next to the actual graders, in the grading room, and verbally give reasons why their coin should grade as each grader views them.

I believe PCGS kind of offers this. It's the David Hall See What You Can Do With This™ service.

I believe PCGS kind of offers this. It's the David Hall See What You Can Do With This™ service.

I thought that was the What You See Is What You Get service? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hoot

I thought that was the What You See Is What You Get service? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hoot

Actually,I think he was referring to Mr. Hall making sure he got good grades for his own material. wink.gif

Maybe a scenario where Mr H goes into the grading room and in a somewhat soft muffled voice tells the grader what a fine job he is doing and by the way can you do anything with this. And with a wink and a chuckle, MR H says we may have gotten in over our head on this one.

Just a hypothetical scenario wink.gif