• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I love it when a plan comes together

16 posts in this topic

Well, one of my mini projects was to acquire all four Ben Franklin 300th Birthday silver dollars in MS70/PF70 UCAM.

Well, I had the Founding Father in MS70 and PF70 Ucam.

and the Scientist in MS70.

I submitted a Scientist recently, but alas it got PF69 Ucam.

I just sold the PF69 on Ebay.

After searching and searching I finally found a NGC PF70 UCam of the Scientst and used "Buy it now"

I got the PF70 for about $50 more than the PF69 sold for, so I am happy.

Sounds like it worked out well. thumbsup2.gif Are you going to now push your luck and ask NGC to reholder them all in a single multi-holder? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifflamed.gif

Sounds like it worked out well. thumbsup2.gif Are you going to now push your luck and ask NGC to reholder them all in a single multi-holder? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifflamed.gif

That might be cool!

Yes. I'm going to have the multi coin holder made-up like so...

FranklinMulti.jpg

What do you mean "press your luck"? Part of the reholdering instuctions will be "don't you dare downgrade any of these coins"

smile.gif

Yes. I'm going to have the multi coin holder made-up like so...

FranklinMulti.jpg

What do you mean "press your luck"? Part of the reholdering instuctions will be "don't you dare downgrade any of these coins"

smile.gif

That will look pretty sweet.If you don't mind me asking,how much will the whole set of cost you after the multi-holder? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That will look pretty sweet.If you don't mind me asking,how much will the whole set of cost you after the multi-holder? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's hard to quantify.

Both Founding Father coins and the Scientist MS are ones I bought from the mint directly and paid to have graded. I was lucky enough to have these three coins come back at 70 grade. Figure $11.25 for the grading, plus shipping, plus the original cost.

The Scientist Proof was another story. It came back PF69 UCAM. As you read above I was able to sell it, and buy a PF70 UCAM one from someone else. Figure about a $50 expense there.

To send all four coins to NGC for the multi-coin slab will be $5 each for reholdering, plus shipping there and back. I will probably wait until I have some other reholdering I need done to save on shipping.

If you wanted to buy all four that are all graded by NGC at 70 already, that would run you about $300 if you buy them from all one person. The 70 graded coins of this series are much cheaper on Ebay right now than on David Lawrence.

Of course, then there would be the cost of heholdering.

Thanks for the complements.

Footnote: When I submitted the four slabbed coins for multi-coin reholdering. NGC called me and told me the they had replaced the Scientist Proof because mine had developed a spot.