• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1972 Eisenhower dollars....

16 posts in this topic

OK,

Page 217 of the Spiral-Bound 2007 Red Book lists three different 1972 (no mint mark) Eisenhowers:

1972, Copper-Nickel Clad, Variety I

1972, Copper-Nickel Clad, Variety II

1972, Copper-Nickel Clad, Variety III

Variety II having the highest price according to that book.

Thing is, the Registry only list one 1972 (no mint mark) Eisenhower.

So..... what gives?

confused.gif

I have seen the same problem when I registered my coins. I have all 3 types but there is only 1 spot. I e-mailed for an ansear but no reply yet.

Chad, I was going to make a snide comment about a certain piece of women's clothing that you may or may not have bought for yourself, but I restrained myself. Are you happy now? tease.gif

The registry only recognizes one for the date mentioned. I have a registry set myself and that is the way it is.

I would think if someone requested the varieties be added, NGC would likely consider. I personally think it is a reasonable request.

Perhaps you should submit a request the varieties be added.

Why not ask Arch the architect as well thumbsup2.gif

Are these a fairly newly identified variety?

I only ask because this registry did not include them until this thread and the Dansco album does not list them.

HUGE OVERSIGHT!!!!!!!

No idea what is going on here. The type 2 is one of the ONLY moderns that has value in CIRCULATED condition! makepoint.gif

There's gonna a few people out searching for 1972 type 2's now. I believe these start at over a hundred in mint state.
And you can thank Braddic for that thumbsup2.gif