• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taco Bell Napkin Update....

36 posts in this topic

There is only 1 Taco Bell around here in the RI sticks, but it looks like I may have to make a trip. Haven't been to a Taco Bell since my son was little (I never could quite figure out what some of the stuff that oozed out of those burritos was)...but it might just be worth the trip to have an innocent taco and grab about 1000 napkins. (I definitely am NOT a fan of the guacamole in the spray can nor the artificial sour cream!!!)

Since we're discussing toning,...has anyone ever heard this story? I can't confirm its authenticity but seems I read it somewhere many moons ago...

Apparently a collector of rare large cents was unhappy with the color of a particular piece so in his brilliance, he wraped it in newsprint and placed it on top of his chimney so it could enjoy the benefits of the weather and smoke to give it a more "natural" look. Supposedly, he happened to see it picked up by a crow who promptly flew to its nest with it.

I know...it sounds a bit crazy...(both the story and the collector)...but the crow was pretty damn smart. The coin is probably in a slab now and is the pride of the nest!

No...I don't make this stuff up...it just comes from a mind full of useless information...especially when it's coin related.

Hmmm...Taco Bell is right near Sears and Wal-Mart. Maybe I could make a day of it...hitting all my "favorite" stores. :(

But come to think of it...I could use a new set of screwdrivers..Sears and Taco Bell...here I come to make a tool and napkin run. RI AL

Thanks for the update.

I've put an old Newfoundland 50 cent piece into a Papa John's Pizza napkin (brown paper, like Taco Bell's). It has been sitting on my window sill for the past 6 months to a year and is now turning a brownish color near the rims.

I just couldn't make myself go into Taco Bell for their mystery food, but today I did hit D' Angelos for a sandwich and they also have those nice brown napkins. I have 2 Maria Teresa Thaler restrikes that have turned a bit "milky". Let's see what D' Angelos napkins do to them.

RI AL