• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Selections

2 posts in this topic

Can I submit 3 or 4 proof sets (for a given year), have NGC grade the coins, then have them select the best of each coin type to slab in a proof holder? Can I send in a mint packaged proof set and request that only certain coins be graded? If yes, how would the remaining coins be handled/packaged for return?

• Administrator

Thanks for your question.

Yes. NGC can encapsulate on the highest graded of each denomination on an invoice at your request, however, you will be responsible for the grading fee for every coin submitted regardless of whether or not the coins are encapsulated.

I have not hear this request before, but often we are asked to put together Multi-Coin Holder sets of matched grade. Your request can be handled in a similar fashion.

When submitting proof sets, you can request that only certain coins be graded. Most often these coins are returned with your graded submission in the original mint packaging.

If you are making a special requests with any submission, THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT INSTRUCTION TO FOLLOW: Provide us with clear and detailed instructions when submitting coins with special requests. This may include a letter, diagrams, photos, etc., or whatever information you think will describe the service you are requesting.