• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circulated Sac Dollars

8 posts in this topic

You can sometimes find later date coins in circulation.

I got a 2004 Sackie in change from a ticket vending machine a couple of weeks ago. Someone must have spent one or more of the coins they bought from the Mint.

Dont the stamp vending machines in the post office still give back Sacies and Susie Bs as change? I am almost positive I have recieved one of a later mintage than 2001. Then again, I might be hallucinating. After all, I dont usually get them out of the machine.

Sometimes, people buy rolls and bags from the mint, pick out the nice ones, and spend the rest. No Sacs after 2001 were put into circulation by the mint.

Zach

Sometimes, people buy rolls and bags from the mint, pick out the nice ones, and spend the rest. No Sacs after 2001 were put into circulation by the mint.

Zach

Isn't that a little counterproductive since the Sac you bought from the mint is worth a little more than face value? smile.gif

Reason I asked was because I got a 2001-D as change... I knew Sac Dollars only lasted a short while in circulation but didn't know what was the last year they were released...