• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would You Be More Inclined to Collect Patterns if...

10 posts in this topic

I don't think anyone could actually collect them as a set (Most are just to rare. However, maybe they could set up something where you could just showcase the ones you do have so you can share the images with everyone else.

Absolutely not.

Thank you! Tom, I agree.

-THERE ARE TOO MANY REGISTRIES as it is! Please, are Collectors really crying out for more?! 893frustrated.gif

The reason why I don't collect patterns have nothing to do with registrey....just because they are expensive. Many patterns look attractive to me and some look much better than the actual design used...I wish I had more money wink.gif

My dream is to get 1860 trans half dime along with Gobrecht doller, but it won't happen for a while.

I already collect Patterns so I think pattern registry sets would be great - BUT I agree with the other responses that it would be difficult because there are so few patterns available - Personally, I collect some specific patterns - FE & IH cents, particularly 1858 - which include what has become a collectable pattern set - which is known as the 12 piece Pattern set (but is really 11 patterns & 1 regular issue)

Perhaps patterns could be set up as "Type" sets, year sets or even pattern sets of certain series - FE's Shield nickels, 3 CN nickels, barbar 10 cents, etc.

Obviously to do a pattern registry would take a lot of effort, and due to the large number of Different patterns, (but correspondingly small number available for each) it would have to be broken down into smaller type or group sets - just some random thoughts -

Maybe Rick K has some suggestions as to what different areas of patterns would be suitable for a registry set

Newmismatist crazy.gif