• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WARNING! Problems at the Mint

5 posts in this topic

Last Tuesday when the mint sets were release I went online and ordered all my sets, clad proof, silver proof, mint and ASE. It's been a week and I hear about some folks getting their mint sets, so I go online to the mint's website to check my order today, and I look at the shipping address and billing address and they are my old address from when I lived in Portland, which was more than 4 years ago!!! The zip code however was my correct Indiana zip code. So I called up, and it appears that somehow the address was changed and they shipped it to Portland. Now I have to wait 30 days and if it doesn't arrive then I fill out a form and 2-3 weeks after that I'll get my coins. I've never had a problem with the mint website/ordering before, but now I've got $220 in coins somewhere in limbo! And I have the original order printed out with the correct address! Christo_pull_hair.gif

So if you have any open orders with the US Mint, you might want to go online and check where they might have been shipped.

You should both change your address online and call 1-800-USA-MINT and verbally change it.

For whatever reason, the two aren't linked.

Consider yourself lucky. It could have been a lot worse. My son and me both have the same names. After he graduated from college he moved out on his own. He went to the post office and said he is moving and filled out a form that said to send all his mail to his new address. Being a bright young man he forgot his name and mine are the same. Poof. All my mail disapeared. Not only that but many items stated on the envelope DO NOT FORWARD. RETURN TO SENDER. Poof. More of my mail vanished. This only took a year to straighten out. Credit cards were cancelled. Banks sent notices they were freezing my accounts and checks would be stopped untill all is straightened out however, I never received that infor because I wasn't getting my mail.

As I said, consider yourself lucky.

Consider yourself lucky. It could have been a lot worse. My son and me both have the same names. After he graduated from college he moved out on his own. He went to the post office and said he is moving and filled out a form that said to send all his mail to his new address. Being a bright young man he forgot his name and mine are the same. Poof. All my mail disapeared. Not only that but many items stated on the envelope DO NOT FORWARD. RETURN TO SENDER. Poof. More of my mail vanished. This only took a year to straighten out. Credit cards were cancelled. Banks sent notices they were freezing my accounts and checks would be stopped untill all is straightened out however, I never received that infor because I wasn't getting my mail.

As I said, consider yourself lucky.

And, just whose fault is it that he has the same name? blush.gif893whatthe.gif27_laughing.giflaugh.gifmakepoint.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifthumbsup2.gif

Chris