• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi, Guy`s and Gal`s !

32 posts in this topic

I`m glad to have the time to visit with the forum again. It seems like it`s bee ages. When last I conversed with you I had received a new addition to my collection. A bouncing baby girl ! Since, I have taken a new employment position. Which at first didn`t allow time to eat or sleep much less pursue my numismatic interests. But, I have advanced to a better position within the company which has allowed my wife to leave her employment and be an at home Mom and me to delve back into my beloved hobby. ( o.k, o.k, for those that remember me, my obsession !!!!) So, Salutations ! To all ! It`s certainly good to be back. I`m looking forward to learning more from you Numismatic Guru`s and perhaps even adding my two cents worth from time to time. thumbsup2.gif

Howdy and welcome back. I notice that you have a new 1890-CC Morgan that looks to have very nice Mint frost. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Tom ! I can`t tell you how often that PCGS VF 1921 Walker of yours has crossed my mind. Just think of how long it`s been since you posted the photos of it! It`s still just as fresh in my mind as though I looked at them only moments ago. Way undergraded in my opinion ! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

When last I conversed with you I had received a new addition to my collection. A bouncing baby girl !

P.S.

acclaim.gifcloud9.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gifacclaim.gif

Doing quite well actually. I`m starting a collection of key date Lincolns, so far I have two. An ANACS MS-62 1909-S VDB and a very nice NGC MS-62 1955 D.D.O. that has quite a bit of original red left. It`s pictured here as my avatar.

How`s your collection doing ? Last I recall you were having some problems with some coins you purchased from J .P. SAROSI ?

Doing quite well actually. I`m starting a collection of key date Lincolns, so far I have two. An ANACS MS-62 1909-S VDB and a very nice NGC MS-62 1955 D.D.O. that has quite a bit of original red left. It`s pictured here as my avatar.

How`s your collection doing ? Last I recall you were having some problems with some coins you purchased from J .P. SAROSI ?

Thats not me. I am not quite exactly sure when you left. But I have been working on a high grade Washington Qtr set. I have started to image it and you can see it in my sigline. I have had pretty good luck with it so far. I am down to 6 coins left. Who is J. P. Sarosi?

Thats not me. I am not quite exactly sure when you left. But I have been working on a high grade Washington Qtr set. I have started to image it and you can see it in my sigline. I have had pretty good luck with it so far. I am down to 6 coins left. Who is J. P. Sarosi?

Bruce,look above,he was replying to Victor. John Paul Sarosi is a well known swindler who specials in coins that are whizzed,cleaned,etc. I'm sure he could find a nice counterfeit 1909-S VDB if you asked. sign-rantpost.gif

Bruce,look above,he was replying to Victor. John Paul Sarosi is a well known swindler who specials in coins that are whizzed,cleaned,etc. I'm sure he could find a nice counterfeit 1909-S VDB if you asked. sign-rantpost.gif

Oh yes this was the coin victor bought that was Whizzed, the Lafeyette Dollar. I remember now who he is.

Those are some nice coins worthy to be had in any collection!! hail.gif

The JPS thing is old news. I returned some crappy coins and he cursed me like a sailor on the phone. Filed complaints and nothing became of them. Finally got my money back.

The Layfayette dollar was an ebay coin where I got charged a 15% restocking fee.

HOWEVER, in both cases I tried to take a shortcut on obtaining some type coins I needed.

We all know that there is no Santa Claus nor shortcuts in this great hobby. Everytime I've tried to do it, I've gotten burned. So, don't do it!

These are the only times that I've gotten burned in three years. I stick with Mark Feld for most of my type coins. Gotten a few from Pinnacle rarities, one from Hayden Tubbs, James Garcia and couple from Mark Hooten and Leeg. I sure tried to get a 1921 Peace Dollar from Bruce but he just wouldn't give. smile.gif Note, these are all board members whom I have gotten to know and trust. I'm not saying that there aren't any reputable sellers apart from here but I'm not in the habit of chancing it.

p.s. What did you name your daughter?

I would love to show off my beauty`s. But, I can`t remember how to place pictures into a post here. Help me out here Tom. frustrated.gif

If you want to e-mail it to me (haydentubbs@yahoo.com) I'll post it for you. cool.gif

That is a beautiful picture! I love the way the sisters are dressed alike with a similar background.