• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oddest Thing Received With A Coin Purchase

82 posts in this topic

It seems many eBay sellers don't have much common sense when it comes to shipping. I've received slabbed coins in a regular envelope with no protection and raw coins loose. Ones seller shipped me a bunch of "Gem BU" coins all banging together in a poly bag. frown.gif However, the oddest thing for me was the wrapping material and giveaways with stuff they sold.

For me the oddest is a toss-up:

1) For protection wadded up newsprint was used. However, it was from an adult newspaper and had pictures of naked people and ads for people looking for partners for..um..outside the mainstream acts. blush.gif

2) A bumper sticker that read "It's Only Kinky The First Time". blush.gif

Both would have been fine if I had purchased an adult film or something of that nature, but these came with coins. Both were my first purchases with the sellers and we did not know each other before this purchase.

I have a friend that received a "good luck charm" which was a real tooth from an animal. 893whatthe.gif

What is the oddest / strangest / most inappropriate thing ever sent to you with a coin or eBay purchase?

Rick Tomaska sends candy. I always toss it out as, well... you just never know. . .

Jamie (telecoin) sends extra toned Lincoln cents. Cool. One was so nice I just had to submit it where it received a 66* grade. I subsequently sold it and recovered not just the grading fees (for the full submission) but also the coin I purchased through him on eBay.

That was kind of sweet.

Nothing really odd, just a few extra cheap coins and an occasional coupon for use with future purchases.

Rick Tomaska sends candy. I always toss it out as, well... you just never know. . .

That sounds sort of risky...what if it got put in a hot mailbox and the candy melted on everything?

popcorn.gif is better

My mailbox is burning!!! Dark block metal mailbox... ouch! Anyways, I have received things like tons of extra coins, coupons, stickers, thank-you cards, etc.

Once as a seller I had a buyer from China who sent me cash through the mail. Oddly enough in addition to the cash he enclosed a greeting card, pics of his family and a fairly long note about himself.

We sold a piece of gear to a guy in the Philipines for $81.00 I think. Well about a week or later in the mail comes a birthday card with $81.00 in it. I thought it was pretty funny. The note inside was cool as well.

Another....

We sold a guitar to a guy in Sweeden and he sent us a shirt back from his company. I still have the shirt and wear it at times. Its cool if you ask me.

For me the oddest is a toss-up:

1) For protection wadded up newsprint was used. However, it was from an adult newspaper and had pictures of naked people and ads for people looking for partners for..um..outside the mainstream acts. blush.gif

2) A bumper sticker that read "It's Only Kinky The First Time". blush.gif

Well, those must have come with those Palau mermaids you bought. blush.gif

I've never has the luck of any additional oddity that came with stuff off eBay. frown.gif A finger or an ear would be nice.

Hoot

The oddest thing, and I don't even know that it would qualify as odd, is that one person whom I purchased a coin from has sent me holiday cards for the last six years since the purchase and these cards have pictures of his family on them and a detailed writeup of family events. Therefore, I know that he is now a grandfather, that the foster child they had been caring for has now been legally adopted, that his oldest son graduated college, etc...

One nice thing I received from one of the guys I bought from was a follow up email about 6 weeks after I bought the item. The email basically asked me if I was still happy with the product, if I wanted to buy more of them, etc. I thought that was kind of thoughtful.

The email basically asked me if I was still happy with the product, if I wanted to buy more of them, etc. I thought that was kind of thoughtful.

They wanted to know if you needed more skirts? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Zach

Somehow I knew that would come up... No 893censored-thumb.gif!!!!!

It was from Wayne Herndon, and he wanted to make sure my Intercept Shield box arrived fine, and that I was satisfied with my purchase.

Chad, you will never live that down!

As for the topic at hand, I've never recieved anything extra... sorry.gif

One time though, I bid on one of those "mystery box of coins" auctions, and they didn't send me nearly as many coins as the picture showed. I sent them an e-mail, and they sent me 4x as many coins as they originally did yay.gif.

Zach

The email basically asked me if I was still happy with the product, if I wanted to buy more of them, etc. I thought that was kind of thoughtful.

They wanted to know if you needed more skirts? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Zach

sign-funnypost.gif

I've received a few free coins,mercs,peace dollars etc.But nothing like some of you 893whatthe.gif

Tom,I guess some people are just very,very,very,very,very friendly.... tongue.gif

You missed your chance, Hayden, it looks like Chad met somebody three weeks ago. At least it appears that the skirt/swimsuit was a good investment. wink.gif

You missed your chance, Hayden, it looks like Chad met somebody three weeks ago. At least it appears that the skirt/swimsuit was a good investment. wink.gif

27_laughing.gif

Yeah,you never did tell us who that was really for Chad... wink.gif