• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Quarter for my Type Set

4 posts in this topic

I just picked this Raw Barber Quarter for my type set this afternoon.

The shop had it graded as 63 and it is.

Three long but not deep bag marks on the neck and cheek.

another draw back is recent alubum slide marks on the cheek (NO it was not me).

How dose NGC look at side marks -1 ?

But on the plus side.

It has cartewheel luster (even under the tone) and a detailed strike including all the stars.

And look at the luster and detail on the back!

Now all I need is a dime and a half.

187171-barber.jpg187171-barberrev.jpg

Glen

187171-barberrev.jpg.f3e3ab69057cd6bf99de01460d905a99.jpg

Great looking coin Glen. I bought a Barber Quarter at the FUN show this year to add to a Quarter type set I am putting together. Funny thing is, I've never liked Barber coinage, but I find that I'm becoming more attracted to it. I usually take the one I have out most days, and study it for awhile,

Andy laugh.gif

Looks like a nice coin and you have a beautiful image of it. Are the scratches you are writing about slightly off-horizontal and near the mouth? If so, I can see them. Since I cannot see the coin in hand I can give you no realistic guess as to how it might grade.

Android

I never liked Barbers much myself mostly because of the way they look worn down.

But this I think is nice.

TomB

You can see the album marks in the scan they are not deep more like hairlines, but they are shinny so when you move the coin around you can see them easy.

Glen