• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This weekends action... :) and thanks Labmom

4 posts in this topic

During the week, I had checked out my collection of 1c, 5c, 10c, 25c and noticed quite a few common dates that I could probably fish out of the "JUG".... The "Jug" is just your normal plastic jug that contains $200?? or so worth of change. I dumped it on the kitchen table.... Most of the money was cherry picked for anything out of the ordinary, anything old, varieties...etc.

(I noticed a message on the PCGS board regarding a 1950-D Nickle that someone could not find, ironically, it is the 1950 (p) that is alluding me!!!)

I found just a small handful of coins I was missing. The remaining coins I am missing (not including Proofs) are D minted coins. The one Quarter I need (post 1964) is the 1982-D!

My Wife and I went to visit my Dad and I brought my albums along with me. I hoped to "trade" my doubles for some of the coins he might have that I needed. I opened one of his rolls and found both the 1946 P&D dimes. I opened a second roll of dimes which I thought were Roosevelts but most of them were Mercury Dimes! He only had about 5 Roosevelts I needed and they weren't in spectacular shape but I did pick out 3 Mercury dimes... 1942-1944-1945 which looked decent and caught my eye. In return he received 8 Silver Roosevelt dimes. (I think I like trading!)

I came home to find a package from Labmom had arrived (Thanks!) which I quickly moved from the proof sets to my various albums.

So far it has been a good weekend. I may go by the coin shop tomorrow to see if my 'want list' has been filled. If it hasn't, I'm really in the mood for a good junk box.

Anyone else get any treasures this weekend?

-Dave 893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif

I've been trying to make it to the coin shop for 3 days. No luck so far and sunday/monday aren't gonna happen either. 893frustrated.gif

Did anyone go to the Melville coin show this weekend? It seemed empty.... not as many dealers and not that many collectors.

Although it's not an expensive piece, I found a 1946 Roosevelt that would probably grade an MS66 FB, although I didn't keep track, I think I paid $2. I also had to pick up that 1982-D 25c.

Pretty nice coin weekend but now I need to refuel my coin budget!

-Dave