• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Six-Coin Multi-Coin Holders: How many haves and dollars are possible?

6 posts in this topic

I asked this question in another thread a week ago, so I guess I'll try again...

The bottom row of coins in the six coin sets have smaller inserts that were designed especially for cent, nickel, dime, and quarter sized coins.

893whatthe.gif

Because of this size variation, not every coin can be accommodated in a six coin set

Whoa! tonofbricks.gif

So a six-coin multi-holder can only hold two coins that are a Half-dollar or larger?

So a multi-coin holder of five half dollars is possible, but one with six half dollars is not?

So the maximum number of coins in a six coin holder that are half dollar or larger is two?

So a six coin commemorative set that includes two halves, two dollars, and two eagles, like the 1986 Statue of Liberty Set is not possible?

Wow, if that's the case, that info should be added to http://www.ngccoin.com/services/multi-coin.asp

but wait a minute... look at this picture...

ph6-Coin-Multi.jpg

Half dollars won't fit in that bottom row? Sure looks like they would to me... heck looks like silver dollars would fit, but what do I know.

• Administrator

The six piece Multi-Coin Holder is for six coin mint and proof sets only, as stated on the Multi-Coin Holder page.

After very extensive testing, we determined that it was necessary to limit the number of options available in the six-coin format to maintain holder integrity because of overall weight and weight distribution within the holder. Size was not a consideration.

We do make exceptions when possible, but most often six-coin custom sets are refused.

I hope this information is helpful.

Hi Scott,

In the exceptions category, is it possible to place all six Susan B. Anthony $1 proof coins (i.e. the four main coins plus the two Type 2 varieties) in a single MultiHolder?

Best regards,

Beijim

You say that they will hold a 6 coin proof set. Does that also include the 73 proof set that contains the Eisenhower dollar. It is quite a bit larger and more weight than the Susan B Anthony. Just to know for future reference. Thanks.

Papag