• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When Sending Coins to NCS.......

9 posts in this topic

ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS send them in the holder and pay the extra fee for the grade guaranty. I just got royally hammered on two seperate invoices at NGC on coins that I had cracked out and sent to NCS as raw coins for conservation, and on one coin it's a $3500.00 difference in value from the old grade (before NCS) to the new grade.

One coin dropped one grade, two coins dropped two grades, and one coin that was previously in an NGC holder, was now deemed artificial color.

I really try to support NGC and WANT to switch most of my biz over to them from PCGS, but I have now been absolutely axe murdered on my last three submissions,,I have no idea how PQ eye appealing coins drop two grades, (and yes, I DO know what I'm looking at), but it is about as fun as a large kidney stone!

one depressed dragon confused.gif

You can probably contact NCS right on these boards and I'm sure they'll take care of the problem if you have the coins pictured in their original holders or some other documentation. I'm not sure if they will, but they might. They try to satisfy and help customers, so communication with them is probably a good step to take.

Dude, that's grim - sorry to hear about this. I just sent some coins to NCS and included one PCGS coin for conservation and cross into NGC. Fortunately, I opted for the grade protection, so hopefully things will go as planned. Again, sorry you got so severely hosed.

sorry.gif

Beijim

You can probably contact NCS right on these boards and I'm sure they'll take care of the problem if you have the coins pictured in their original holders or some other documentation.

If you crack it out there is no recourse whatsoever. Cracking the coin out is the same gamble with NGC as it is with PCGS, or anyone for that matter. Even if NGC was open to this, it would be hard to tell, because the coin has been conserved, and no longer really looks like it did when it was in the holder.

Dragon, what kind of holders were the other coins cracked out of? I saw that you mentioned one of them was NGC. What were the others?

Sorry to hear of your experience Dragon.

Andy sorry.gif

Android, They were all previously in NGC holders except for one coin which was a PCGS piece.

dragon

wow i would call ncs on monday and see if a resubmission/reevaulation? is in order

sorry to hear about that

let me know how it turns out

sincerely michael

ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS send them in the holder and pay the extra fee for the grade guaranty. I just got royally hammered on two seperate invoices at NGC on coins that I had cracked out and sent to NCS as raw coins for conservation, and on one coin it's a $3500.00 difference in value from the old grade (before NCS) to the new grade.

You have to be careful here, too. So what if a coin comes back in the same holder if it now looks like cr@p? If you have a washed out or greasy looking MS65, it's gonna sell for 63 money no matter what the number on the holder says.

NCS is good in certain situations, but be VERY aware that even with the grade guarantee you are taking a financial risk.

Dragon, I am really sorry to hear of your losses but that's what can happen when you play the crack out game. I have had good experiences cracking out coins and bad experiences it's just part of the risk of cracking and resubmitting. With expensive coins I don't understand why you did not leave them in the slab and use the grade guarrenty? Were you thinking you had a better shot at a higher grade raw or were you just trying to save money? Also coins do not alway's conserve to a higher grade or even to the grade before the submission and you assume the risk if the coin is ruined without the grade guarrenty. I can see where you are upset but you are the one that took the risk not NCS or NGC. I think this thread will be a good reference to others that crack expensive coins. mike