• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New ID number when re-slabbed into a multi-coin holder?

6 posts in this topic

Hello.

Let's say I acquire all four of the 2006 Ben Franklin Commemorative dollars from various sources that are all NGC certified at PF-70 or MS-70 as appropriate and I then want to re-holder them into a Multi-Coin slab together. blush.gif

Will these coins retain their original NGC certification numbers, or will they get all new numbers based on the invoice number of submission to get them multi-coined? confused.gif

If the answer to the above question is no, then is there a way to request new numbers? smirk.gif

If these coins would get new NGC certification numbers, and they are in the Registry, is the Registry smart enough to know the old number doesn't exist anymore and replace the coins in the Registry with the new numbers? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I'm guessing no, but if it's yes, then as a database guy I'll be impressed with your system. acclaim.gif

Furthermore, if the coins get new NGC certification numbers, then I assume that the population is not doubled for those coins... right? confused-smiley-013.gif

As always, I will be eagerly awaiting the response to this question.... cool.gif

• Administrator

Coins being placed into Multi-Coin Holders get new certification numbers, based on the submission invoice.

No, unimpressively, the Registry does not automatically update.

The population report does not change when a coin is moved into a single coin holder, even though Multi-Coin Holders have new/different certification numbers.

Coins being placed into Multi-Coin Holders get new certification numbers, based on the submission invoice.

That's cool.

No, unimpressively, the Registry does not automatically update.

Yea, that's what I figured. smirk.gif But the old slab number is dropped off the system, right? A person could not put the old slab number in the verify thing thing here on the website and have the old slab number come up, right?

The population report does not change when a coin is moved into a single coin holder, even though Multi-Coin Holders have new/different certification numbers.

Well that makes sense.

• Administrator

But the old slab number is dropped off the system, right? A person could not put the old slab number in the verify thing thing here on the website and have the old slab number come up, right?

The number is never "dropped off the system." Coins moved in to Multi-Coin Holders are not eligible for the Registry under their original (single coin holder) number. If you attempt to verify the original certification number of a coin that has been moved into a multi-coin holder, the grade will appear in our system as "MOVED TO SET."

But the old slab number is dropped off the system, right? A person could not put the old slab number in the verify thing thing here on the website and have the old slab number come up, right?

The number is never "dropped off the system." Coins moved in to Multi-Coin Holders are not eligible for the Registry under their original (single coin holder) number. If you attempt to verify the original certification number of a coin that has been moved into a multi-coin holder, the grade will appear in our system as "MOVED TO SET."

Interesting. Would the "MOVED TO SET" thing give you the new cert number?