• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multi-Coin Holders, submitting raw and slabbed together, etc..

2 posts in this topic

Seems like all my questions on “Ask NGC” take a week to respond to

Anyhow…

I recently acquired a 1955 proof set that I’m sending off to be put in a multi-coin holder together. I also have two Franklin Commemorative Dollars I need graded, along with a couple other “modern - $12.50” coins that I want graded.

Can I submit all these coins on one invoice? I would of course specify the ones I want multi-coined together. So that would be five coins in a multi-coin, and four to six coins in single slabs?

On the same note: Can multiple multi-coin sets be made from one invoice? For example, the 1999 state quarters to be multi-coined together and the 2000 state quarters to be multi-coined together… ten coins, two multi-coin holders… one invoice

The main reason I want to put them all on one invoice is to save on the return shipping.

Another Question: Can I submit a raw coin and a slabbed coin on the same invoice if I want them multi-coined together?

I was looking at the “Customer Responsibilities and Checklist” and the sixth point says “Never Mix Raw and Holdered coins on one invoice”

Lets say I have a raw 1990 Eisenhower MS commemorative, which I need graded.

I also have a PF version of the same coin that is already NGC slabbed.

I want both coins to be in a multi-coin holder together.

The “Never mix raw and holdered…” thing would indicate that I would have to submit the first coin by itself to be single-slabbed, then send both coins back in their single slabs to have them multi-coined together.

That sounds like a waste of time and money…. Makes no sense.

Thanks.

• Administrator

Yes, some ASK NGC questions take a week or longer for a response. Our goal here is to have an evolving FAQ. Questions that are not of broad relevance are answered privately. If questions are time sensitive, it is always best to call NGC Customer Service at 1-800-NGC-COIN. You will get an immediate response.

Can I submit all these coins on one invoice? I would of course specify the ones I want multi-coined together. So that would be five coins in a multi-coin, and four to six coins in single slabs?

We request that you submit one tier and one service per invoice. Multi-Coin Holder is a service, and ideally coins should be separated if you are requesting different holders.

Can multiple multi-coin sets be made from one invoice? For example, the 1999 state quarters to be multi-coined together and the 2000 state quarters to be multi-coined together… ten coins, two multi-coin holders… one invoice

Yes. This is how most Multi-Coin Holder submissions are prepared.

The main reason I want to put them all on one invoice is to save on the return shipping.

You should use the “ship together” option. In some cases, we can hold all your orders until they are completed and ship them together. You can write this on your submission forms by hand, or combine shipping when you submit your coins online.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The “ship together” option is offered as a courtesy to our customers when possible. Because of the different turnaround times of our service tiers, it is not always possible to combine shipping. In such cases, your submissions will be shipped separately and you will be charged for shipment of each individual package.

Can I submit a raw coin and a slabbed coin on the same invoice if I want them multi-coined together?

If you are requesting different services, you must use separate invoice. One coin is to be graded and the other is reholdered (single to multi). The best way to prepare this submission is to put the raw coin on an invoice for grading, the NGC-certified coin on a multi-coin reholder invoice, and write notes on the invoices as follows:

Grading invoice: “Put in Multi-Coin Holder with NGC certified coin on Invoice #XXXXX.”

Reholder invoice: “Put in Multi-Coin Holder with coin being graded on Invoice #XXXXX.”

By placing your coins on individual invoices in this way, you will be able to better track invoice status as your coins move through NGC’s system. There should not be a need for wasted shipping back-and-forth.

In the end, THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT INSTRUCTION TO FOLLOW: Provide us with clear and detailed instructions when submitting coins with special requests.

You can enclose a letter with your submission, and some submitters even draw pictures of their desired multi-coin holder. NGC Receiving will always review your submissions to make sure that they have been prepared properly, and that your instructions will be followed from verification, to encapsulation, to shipping. If you clearly explain what services you are requesting, no mistakes will be made in the processing of your order.