• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do I get my name put on my slabs?

16 posts in this topic

From the NGC FAQ page:

An NGC pedigreed coin is a coin bearing a label with a name such as "Eliasberg" on it. NGC recognizes pedigrees based on the importance and significance of the individual coins or collections. A hoard (or large grouping of coins) may be recognized for pedigree based on the same factors. As with all other coins, the value of pedigreed coins is determined by rarity, condition and demand. This value may be less, the same, or more than similar non-pedigreed certified coins.

can I get a serious answer? anyone?

James' answer was serious...spend a lot of money on coins.

Short of a showcase worthy collection, NGC is probably not going to designate personal labels for your coins. This question has come up before. Unless the coins in question are of extreme rarity or value, no special designations will be noted.

You could always try a lesser TPG...some slap MS-70 on coins as if it were a common thing, they might be willing to put a name in the holder as well.

This value may be less, the same, or more than similar non-pedigreed certified coins.

I think I would pay a little less for a coin that read "WaxonWaxov" on it

ha ha ha I deserved that one.

Oh my god... I just googled "WaxonWaxov" and got 8 pages of hits... 94 pages if you click 'show all results' and yes... they're all me... mostly message boards and ebay stuff.

The name originated when I was Waxon Waxov, the notorious bounty hunter in the Ahazi server of Star Wars Galaxies before they ruined the game.

ha ha ha I deserved that one.

Oh my god... I just googled "WaxonWaxov" and got 8 pages of hits... 94 pages if you click 'show all results' and yes... they're all me... mostly message boards and ebay stuff.

The name originated when I was Waxon Waxov, the notorious bounty hunter in the Ahazi server of Star Wars Galaxies before they ruined the game.

+

Fear the Waxon Waxov! AAH!!! I'm shaking in my little boots! 27_laughing.gif

((( can I get a serious answer? anyone? )))

Though a little tongue in cheek, my answer was serious, as others noted. In today's day and age, the quality of your collection is pretty much based on how much it co$t - that is, it's monetary value. So if you want a collection worthy of pedigree, plan to spend lots of money buying coins for it.

James

Now wait a minute....

This kid whose coin I posted in the first post here, is just that, a kid. Good for him that he has assembled a collection of all MS-70 1986 to date Silver Eagles, but he's of course not at the level of the Shipwreck Republic or Eliasberg.

I thought that NGC would do that if you had one of the top registry sets. His set is sitting at number two in that category. It seems that there are about ten or so sets all with MS70s and the same score. The only difference is the number of photos and descriptions.

If you want your name put on some slabs simply buy a set of "pop top" widgets and send the coins and a check to NGC. That takes us back to what James said, spend a lot of money on coins.

I thought that NGC would do that if you had one of the top registry sets. His set is sitting at number two in that category. ...

now that explanation makes sense.

By the way, NGC is a little more liberal in custom naming multi-coin holders.

RGT is correct, both PCGS and NGC will put your name, or the name of your collection should they deem it acceptable, on the slab inserts for your coins if you have one of the highest ranking registry sets in most categories.

RGT is correct, both PCGS and NGC will put your name, or the name of your collection should they deem it acceptable, on the slab inserts for your coins if you have one of the highest ranking registry sets in most categories.

That's interesting... I knew PCGS did that. I never knew about NGC. I Guess I'm going to have to concentrate on those registry sets so I can feel like a big shot smile.gif

ICG offers an opportunity to name your coins provided you have a significant portion of a collection graded through them. It costs more, of course, check their website for more info. ICG