• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found some nice toners on ebay...

9 posts in this topic

All those "Private" feedbacks are enough to keep me away. And all the coins he sold back in April were from his grandfather and he wanted to save the old guy's house. What a crock! I wouldn't touch but, somebody will!

I just did an "ask seller question" thing to him and asked, "what kind of magic markers do you use to tone your coins?"

he he he he

893naughty-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

I wonder what kind of reply you will get. 27_laughing.gif

His response....

I don't tone my coins with magic markers or anything else. I inherited these coins from my grandfather, and this is the way they were found. The coins were found in numerous places, and originally I thought they were ruined until someone told me that is was called toned. All of the coins that I have found so far are toned. Its a long story, but I guess it was the way he stored them. Hope that helps. redbarron312004

27_laughing.gif

I'm half tempted to buy one just because I want to see it for myself.

I hate the private auction. I want to see who is bidding on these. I wonder... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

People make auctions private for one reason: To keep people like those on this board from messaging the people bidding to warn them.