• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long did it take to process your first 5 submissions after joining?

11 posts in this topic

I am thinking about taking the plunge and joining up so that I can submit directly to NGC for grading. I went through a dealer last time, it took forever, cost money, and I have to trust strangers with my treasures. The 5 early bird submissions being included with the paid membership seems like a great value...and after that I can simply submit my own coins without going through someone else.

After I sign up, how long will it take to process the membership, get my coupons for the first 5 submissions, and get the process started?

I believe I have to send all 5 at once the first time.

I am already picking out which 5 to send! Trying to pick some cheaper coins that I couldnt justify having graded otherwise. I feel like I am finally taking my pastime to the next logical level!

Well... THEY TAKE FOREVER!!!

They will still get graded, but the Earlybid Tier turnaround time... It's almost like it doesn't apply for the coupons. You'd be lucky to see them in twice the current turnaround time.

After I sign up, how long will it take to process the membership, get my coupons for the first 5 submissions, and get the process started?

I believe I have to send all 5 at once the first time.

I am already picking out which 5 to send! Trying to pick some cheaper coins that I couldnt justify having graded otherwise. I feel like I am finally taking my pastime to the next logical level!

It doesn't take that long.

Call them or I believe you can sign up on the NGC home page.

Why would you want to have Cheaper coins slabbed?

Why would you want to have Cheaper coins slabbed?

Well, cheap is relative.

The coins I am thinking of would probably resell for $30-50.

I think they are worthy of a slab, but I would never have justified sending in say a $20 Franklin half or a $30 Morgan when it would have cost the worth of the coin or more to get it graded, slabbed, and shipped to and from.

One coin is a gold double eagle that I posted about here last week.

The other four I am thinking about at the moment would be two Morgans and two Franklins.

I don't have a ton of BU raw coins at the moment, but it will be nice to have the option of submitting directly. I have a 1880S Morgan in PCGS plastic with a MS-64 grade that I really think ought to be a 65...considering sending that in as well to see if the folks at NGC think its worthy of the MS65. (I do)

Looks like I can submit it. Looked at the tiers on the NGC website...

EarlyBird:

$30

12-16 Working Days

U.S. coins valued at $3,000 or less

So I ought to be able to send in 5 coins as described above.

Doesn't mention anything about metal, just value.

EarlyBird:

$30

12-16 Working Days

Cool thumbsup2.gif

EarlyBird:

$30

12-16 Working Days

Cool thumbsup2.gif

Just to be safe, I asked in the 'Ask NGC' forum.

Their answer will seal the deal!

I was able to slab my 1909 Eagle with my coupon when I used it last year. thumbsup2.gif I sent in the one gold piece and four silver coins.

Still have this year's coupon, thinking of sending in five coins from my type set for regrading, 893scratchchin-thumb.gifI feel there are a few that could jump a point in my type collection. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif