• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Membership question about the 5 earlybird submissions...

7 posts in this topic

I am considering upgrading my account to a paid membership.

I wanted to clarify a few things. Since I typically operate under the assumption that anything that sounds too good to be true probably is, please confirm the following:

A one year membership costs $100

With that, I will get 5 free submissions which would normally cost $30 each, or basically $150 in free submissions. Is there something I am missing?

I upgrade the account, pay the $100, and NGC sends me the coupons for the 5 free submissions....I send in five coins, NGC grades, holders, and returns them to me. After that, I pay the tier price for any submission for the rest of my year?

Also, I assume it is 12 months from the date I join, not done by calendar year?

Let me know - the 5 free submissions would seal the deal for me.

Thanks.

• Administrator

When you upgrade to a paid membership you will receive a coupon for 5 Free Early Bird submissions or 5 Standard World submissions with NGC. Items for free submissions must be submitted at one time and must meet the requirements for the tier type. So, for example, if you are submitting for the 5 Free Earlybird submissions, each coin should not exceed $3,000 in value.

After that, you pay the tier price for any submission for the rest of the membership year. Please note that if you use the submission forms online, you will receive a 10% discount on grading tier fees.

Regarding the expiration of membership, it is 12 months from the date you join.

With the 5 free submissions, are there any limitations above and beyond those mentioned in the standard tier description?

EarlyBird

$30

12 - 16 Working Days

U.S. coins valued at $3,000 or less

I would be sending in a gold double eagle and the rest would most likely be Morgans.

let me know, thanks.

...submission forms online, you will receive a 10% discount on grading tier fees.

online submission forms? eh? not heard of that. then again, I'm not a paid member.

Maybe it's a paid member only thing.

• Administrator

No other limitations...you can send Gold Double Eagles and Morgans under the Earlybird service.

• Administrator
online submission forms? eh? not heard of that. then again, I'm not a paid member.

That is correct smile.gif

...submission forms online, you will receive a 10% discount on grading tier fees.

Also with the online form you get a 10% discount when you use it. It is simple submit your coins by filling out the online info. Print out 4 copies, one you keep the other three you mail with the coins. Makes things really simple.

Rooster