• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof Gold Buffalo First Strikes?

3 posts in this topic

I have read the info about submitting coins for First Strike designation. I believe I understand that I would literally have to send the entire brown box from the mint that the coins arrive in. So does this mean I can't even open the box to confirm how many coins I received. Since I have already come to realize that they are being sent in seperate shipments. (At least to me anyway, as I have several tracking numbers)

Also, is there an additional charge for removing from the original packaging?

Thanks.

• Administrator

The first Buffalo Proof G$50 were first received by Mint customers on June 30, 2006. NGC will designate coins sent to NGC on or before July 29, 2006 as first strikes at a submitter's request. Coins received after that date must be in original sealed mint packaging. To be eligible for the designation, the boxes cannot be opened, even for inspection, as otherwise the date cannot be verified by NGC.

VERY IMPORTANT: Submitters requesting first strikes must submit coins for this designation on their own invoice, separate from coins receiving regular NGC labels. Coins WILL NOT recieve the first strikes designation if they are submitted with other non-designated coins.

There is no charge to have your proof coins removed from capsules. Please refer to this post: Submitting Proofs

Thank you so much, for your quick reply. Now my wife won't feel bad about opening one of the boxes. And I will definately have them in the mail tomorrow.

And by the way, I think NGC is the best hands down.

Thanks Again