• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy 4th of July

17 posts in this topic

In honor of John Adams and Thomas Jefferson who died hours apart from each other on July 4th, 1826, the 50th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.

1297260-1826BustHalfObverse.jpg

1297260-1826BustHalfObverse.jpg.f97ca76d17607baa0a53548fdf411bee.jpg

Happy B-day America and physics-fan!

Now let's party!

yay.gifyay.gif27_laughing.gif893blahblah.gif27_laughing.gifflowerred.gifhi.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

sumo.gifdevil.gifsumo.gifstooges.gifpopcorn.gifyay.gifbumpit.gifscrewy.gif

893whatthe.gifinsane.gifcloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifangel.gifscrewy.gif

acclaim.gifpopcorn.gifflowerred.gifheadbang.gifyay.gifbumpit.gifpoke2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893blahblah.gif893censored-thumb.gifgossip.gifflowerred.gifshy.gifhail.gifyeahok.gifthumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gifheadbang.gif893applaud-thumb.gifbumpit.gifyay.gifyay.gifgrin.gifstooges.gif

Hays

Happy 4th everyone!

May your drinks be cold, your grills be hot, and your families and friends be safe!

headbang.gif

yay.gif

Happy Birthday!

Anybody going to watch the shuttle launch this afternoon?

Heck Yes I am! 3...2...1 Liftoff!

As of right now, they said there was an 80% chance of launch. They are a bit concerned about wind speeds.

Happy birthday USA and particularly to all forum members and families.

May God continue to bless our wonderful, caring, and generous nation.

Regis

Happy Birthday!

Anybody going to watch the shuttle launch this afternoon?

Heck Yes I am! 3...2...1 Liftoff!

As of right now, they said there was an 80% chance of launch. They are a bit concerned about wind speeds.

Thing just posted a web page from NASA.....VERY COOL.....Real time launch.. sign-offtopic.gifBut who gives a spit

Happy Independence Day Everyone!!!

Happy Birthday Physics!! So you're 21 now?? You do realize you have to buy everyone a drink!! lol! Hope you have a good one!

And, yes I'll be watching the liftoff!

edited to add:

Does anyone have a link to that NASA sight mentioned earlier?

Happy Independence Day Everyone!!!

Happy Birthday Physics!! So you're 21 now?? You do realize you have to buy everyone a drink!! lol! Hope you have a good one!

And, yes I'll be watching the liftoff!

edited to add:

Does anyone have a link to that NASA sight mentioned earlier?

I think this is it but you have to stop by the water cooler and thank Thing

I can return the favor. While looking for the sight, I found this. You enter your city and it will tell you day and time that you can possible see the ISS or shuttle fly by. I've seen it before. It looks like a fast moving star! Pretty cool when you realize that people are up there.

Here it is:

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/

To keep this coin related, does anyone know what coins were flown in space? I read somewhere about this not too long ago.

I think a they flew a few dimes back in the days of Gemini. One of the astronauts took them up as souveneirs.

Man, I wish I was still in Daytona Beach instead of home at Charleston for the summer. I would have camped out at the cape (plus it helps that I know people there. )

They also sent some literally gold Sacagewa dollars up.I don't know where they are now,but I know that they sure aren't up for sale to the public 893whatthe.gif

Happy birthday man! thumbsup2.gif

Just for you,I'll dedicate one of my "kills" in this morning's paintball game to you devil.gif

Mercury dimes were sent up during the Mercury missions, and some of them were recovered when Grissom's sunken capsule was found.