• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Few Recent Better French Indo China Pickups w/ Bonus!

14 posts in this topic

I've been burining out a bit on Germanic stuff recently but fortunately there's plenty of other good stuff to interest me. Recently I've been buying French Indo China, have a look at a few recent pickups. Each one is a better type or a key date:

1754769-016.jpg

2061614-013.jpg

a660203.jpg

And here's the bonus:

ronald.jpg

A short while back my garandparents-in-law went back for a visit and mentioned the junk box coins dealers - even brining me a few back. Almost all of better stuff is fake.

I'll bet the good stuff can probably be found through dealers in France or Hong Kong. Isnt' there also a full time across the street who used to live there, mr earlgold? He might be able to fill you in a bit.

Here's a oldie but goodie from my collection I just got around to imaging:

2750288-005.jpg

2750288-005black1.jpg

2750288-005black2.jpg

It's funny that the earlier stuff that you posted is at LMU standards too, a French colony after all, only the unholed centime, a 10 grams bronze coin should actually be a 10 centimes. You can tell the devaluation of their currency by the reduced fineness written on the 1937 obverses. Nice stuff James ,the holed 1c still remains one of my favourite world coins.

1936_indoch.jpg

Dang! Thems is purdy coins! 893whatthe.gif

I'm still kicking myself for not buying a 1931 Piastre overstruck on a Piastre du Commerce at Don's shop years back. foreheadslap.gif

Dang! Thems is purdy coins! 893whatthe.gif

I'm still kicking myself for not buying a 1931 Piastre overstruck on a Piastre du Commerce at Don's shop years back. foreheadslap.gif

It's probably still there but priced eight times as high today. frown.gif

Got some grades today...

MS65RB

1900AFIC1c.jpg

MS66

1922AFIC10c.jpg

MS66

1940FIC10c.jpg

There was another that went MS61 (not sure why) that I didn't get a chance to image before sending off.

Overall a good day at the plastic factory. thumbsup2.gif

Probably still better than either of my 1921 piastres. frown.giffrown.gif

This is my meager (yet well pedigreed) FIC cent.

1355900-1920fic1c.jpg

You know, I don't think one of these mintmarkless imposters would look right in your fantastic collection, if you should ever happen upon a high grade one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Best to put it on ebay and notify the boards. No need to send it to NGC either. smile.gif

1355900-1920fic1c.jpg.b7b3c7134811c8145614fe602de80a88.jpg