• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trolling??

8 posts in this topic

Could someone please explain what “trolling” means. I’m getting no help

at the Water Cooler area and I can’t seem to find a definition anywhere.

For all I know I could be trolling right now. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hays

Trolling is when someone posts in a thread for no other purpose but to agravate a situation, encourage argumentative discussion, and in general to post nothing of value simply in the interest of trying to take a thread somewhere it doesnt need to go. Constant arguing, unneccesarily negative commentary, insulting commentary....etc.

Sometimes it is because someone online hates what you are, what you do, what you say, and for example, on eBay Boards, they can see what you buy, sell, etc. If you are a big spender/seller the wanna-be's are going to troll you.

CAL news.gif

It must be somewhere on this list; or maybe everything on the list qualifies. confused-smiley-013.gif There are a couple of people who probably have a better idea than I do. wink.gif

Physical threats

Excessively graphic sexual references and/or images, particularly when used in an insulting manner toward other members, but also in general

Strong profanity, primarily when used in an insulting manner toward other members

Masking of strong profanity - finding ways to defeat the profanity filters put in place, primarily when used in an insulting manner toward other members. (i.e. typing "@ss" instead of the real word in order to circumvent the filters

Harrasment of another member through unwanted and repeated arguing and conflict - particularly when exemplified by "following" that person from thread to thread

Particularly excessive off-topic posting

Hi-jacking of other people's threads in a way that stifles the originally intended topic against the objections of the thread creator

Inappropriate user names.

Posting of any information which encourages or enables illegal or fraudulent behavior by others, particularly in regards to the hobbies covered here.

Spamming the boards with repeated or similar posts

Racist or "hate crime" type comments

Inappropriate references (analogies, etc.) to significantly emotional topics such as Nazis, slavery, etc.. If you have to wonder whether someone with a personal involvement in the topic would find your comment strongly offensive, you probably shouldn't make it.

Threads started explicitly to bash other members

Pork Barreling - placing small inappropriate statements within longer posts whose content is mainly legitimate. These post will get pulled and you will lose the positive with the negative.

Creating shill accounts, accounts created as anonymous identities to push specific agendas.

You need to be in a boat....

you cast your lines out and let them sink a bit.....just far enough to keep them off of the bottom.

then you run the boat just fast enough to get the actions working on the lures.

works like a charm for Northerns.

You need to be in a boat....

you cast your lines out and let them sink a bit.....just far enough to keep them off of the bottom.

then you run the boat just fast enough to get the actions working on the lures.

works like a charm for Northerns.

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Hays