• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeff This is for you!

12 posts in this topic

Others may enjoy as well, but since I know Jeff has a thing for old Mexican coins.. First pictue is the coin.. second is the aftermath with photoshop.

84zs.jpg

cnrco.jpg

I'm currently putting together Charles IIII 8R Mo set. 1788 - 1808. I've decided not to use EBay for that, because I love the feeling I get when I walk into a local coin store to a dealer telling me he's been holding one for me smile.gif . That way is more rewarding, but because of that I'm also only 5 coins into the set smile.gif

~Roman.

It kind of reminds me of those old medals you see the Kaiser wearing in 1914! Very cool, unfortunately for me, I have another 7 weeks to the next local show where I can buy some more pieces of 8! makepoint.gif

Bruce, can you recommend any good reference books on Mexican issues?

The cap and rays is quite challenging... well more time consuming that challenging, just go slow and you can cut anything out. I cut out 3 things last night, a bust half lady and then the eagle. But this was by far the most time consuming but it looks the best.

I found useful the series of books by Neil Utberg - "The Coins of Mexico".

I will 2nd that book, from what I hear its a nice one to have.