• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Streaked toning!

3 posts in this topic

I have a 1934-D small D NGC MS65 Buffalo Nickel with streaked toning on the reverse. I was wondering if NCS could re-move the streaks and if you could remove them would or could that change the grade (upgrade) of the coin? Then this might be better left alone?

[image http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/778206/DSC05457.jpg [/img]

It is possible that the streakiness on the reverse of your nickel could be improved. Buffalo nickels are encountered with streaks similiar to yours that are in the planchet. When the streak is due to poor metal alloy and thus in the planchet, conservation may lighten their appearance but they will remain. Other times the streaks are due to residues or unattractive toning. It is difficult to determine which kind of streaks are on your coin from the image. I would suggest submitting your coin for a full evaluation to determine for certain.

Chris, NCS